CHAPTER 18

Asha's POV

Where is my mother ? The last I saw her was yesterday night. She didn't call or visit me after she went to meet Harish . What has happened ? She's not even answering my call. I heard a door opening door. I was expecting my mom but no it was a nurse who come to check on my condition. Should I ask her ?

Asha : excuse me ! Did my mom came here last night .

Nurse : I'm sorry. The latest I saw her was yesterday with you. My duty was over after that so I don't know about that.

Asha : oh ok thank you.

I don't think so she came here. If she came here surely she would have bring some clothes for me as i am discharging this evening. Where is she ?

Asha's mother : Asha !

Oh my mom is here. It's time for some acting.

Asha : Maa where have you been maa ? I was too scared last night. Why did you left me alone here ?

Strange. She's not responsive to my words.

Asha : Maa what happened maa ? Did you went and meet Harish? What he said maa ?

I tight slap landed on my left cheek. I was so shock. My mom won't slap me that easily. I'm sure Harish had told her everything. Did she believed all of it. It couldn't be.

Asha : Maa...

Asha's mother : shut up ! Don't call me like that . You proved me I'm wrong. You proved me the way I raised you up was wrong. I'm very disappointed with you Asha. How can you tell so many lies just to ruin someone's life ? Did i teach you to be like that ? Be grateful that you father is not alive or else he would have killed you.

Asha : Maa i'm sorry. I don't want to lose him . That's why.

Asha's mother : if you don't want to lose him than why did you cheated on him ?

Asha : Maa i didn't cheat on him Maa. He's the one who cheated on me with that bitch.

Another tight slap I received on the same cheek. What has he done to my mother ? Why is she not believing anything I said ?

Asha's mother : stop it Asha. I'm not gonna believe anything you are saying. One of my friends saw you with another guy when you are still in relationship with Harish. I was too over confident about you that time and didn't believe them . I did everything you say I even went and argued with him . Guess what he make me understand who is genuine here . I'm shame on you. You make me regret for giving birth to you.

Asha : Maa please don't tell like that Maa please.

It hurts me so much. I don't expect all this to happen. I know I'm selfish i thought my mother would have supported me even if she knows the truth but no. I tried holding her hand but she immediately left the room . O cried too hard. I felt like it is the moment for me to end my life . Not a reel suicide but a real one.