Escape!

Authors note:
Hey guys- sorry for the late update. I really wasn't sure what to make of this chapter... I redid it a couple of times but it really isn't what I wanted and way shorter than I had originally made it. Oh well. Next chapter will be quite a bit better I think. I just really wanted to post something now, so that's that.

Disclaimer: I still don't own anything about the HP universe except my OC's and my plot ideas. So yeah, please don't steal them.

Enjoy!

Harry had been pondering quite a bit lately about the dilemma he faced with the wards. He had meditated and thought over the problem for ages, but he wasn't coming any closer to an answer. All his ideas turned out to be dead ends, and he was running out of them.

He did get his room done though, and with the tasteful color scheme and furniture, he was all in all quite happy with it. And he hadn't even had to intimidate Vernon and Petunia to much, if at all, to get it.

Over the course of the last couple of days, Harry had also been wondering how he should change the timeline. Obviously, he couldn't do much now, as he was scooped up in the dreadful muggle neighborhood, but he did know that there were at least a couple of people, on both sides, that had to be eliminated. And that was where his Slytherin self kicked in, as he was quite sure that the people he wanted gone, other people wanted gone as well. But he was the only one actually willing to get it done. So becoming an assassin was really his best bet.

He had known this before, and was not generally adverse with killing, but he also knew this meant that the chance of preserving any of his innocence was pretty much thrown out of the window. Not that there was really any left...

After staring out in space blankly for a few seconds, he shrugged his shoulders and wondered how far gone he really was, to not be bothered by that in the slightest.

He continued what he was doing before that thought popped up in his head, meditating.

Another couple days later, he accidentally came across the Horcrux in his head. It was a blob of silvery darkness, deformed and sickly looking. Harry mentally raised an eyebrow. If that was what it looked like to make a Horcrux, he was perfectly ok not having any of his own, thank-you-very-much. Absolutely disgusting.

He did notice that he could figuratively dip his fingers in it. It was strange, as when he did that, he could feel it seeping up energy but not using said energy. It occurred to him that the energy most likely was evenly distributed along the whole soul, so he was in fact energizing Voldemort.

He quickly pulled back his fingers. Gross, and to much risk to try anything out, lest he accidentally summon Voldemort's body or whatever.

He went back to what he was doing previously, which was strolling around his mental landscape, and stored the place the Horcrux lay safely away behind his immense Occlumency walls. He was, once again, thinking about how to escape the blood wards. After weeks of thinking on it, even he with all of his intellectual power had come to the conclusion that the only way for him to leave, was in a coffin. Any yes, that also meant he could technically become a vampire.

He had not given up though, and sought out many different ways to die, but not permanently. The thing was that all of the ways he had thought of made it so that you didn't actually die, you just came very close to doing so. And that was something that didn't work out for Harry. First of all, he wanted the assurance that he would safely wake up from his death, and second, he did actually need to completely die before coming back to life again. Which sucked big time.