There's A Dark Side In Anyone

Author's note:
Soo here's another chapter. A couple of gruesome things- don't like, don't read. There's warnings surrounding it, so you should be good. Anyways, there is a small time skip between the last chapter and this one (you won't notice it to much (I hope), just a heads up)- mostly because it was just really hard connecting up those two scenes.

Disclaimer: do I look like JKR? I mean, you can't see me, but I assure you, I don't. So I don't own HP.

Enjoy!

Elias gave a strained smile. He was so done already and they'd just started. He was in a meeting with Dumbledore and part of the Order of the Flaming Chicken, and they were annoying him to Lady Hecate and back.

He had finally completed his job concerning Coby Willes, and he was awaiting his payment. Except Dumbledore seemed to want to pull him over to the light.

Elias had been buried under Occlumency for the entire meeting in a different wag than usual. He had blocked away a certain part of his psyche, essentially leaving him as a psychopath. Which was all he had to be for this meeting.

'All I'm saying, my boy'

I'm not "your boy", headmaster.'

Dumbledore blinked. 'Elias then-'

'With all due respect, sir, my name is Elias Riddle. You may call me mister Riddle, but no more than that.'

Elias was having way to much fun with this. Reconstructing Dumbledore's last conversation with Harry was not a smart idea. But it was so funny though.

As expected, Dumbledore frowned and sent Elias a measuring look. 'Right, mister Riddle then. All I'm saying is that we are trying to help the wizarding world. Voldemort is trying to destroy it, don't you see?'

Elias shrugged. 'You're wrong, but even if you were right I'd not particularly care.'

'Wrong? How so, my- mister Riddle?'

Elias finally looked at Dumbledore fully. He had a serious expression on his face as he tried to convey his complete honestly.

'You know I talk to him on a... regular basis. I don't talk to people, I don't take jobs from people, without knowing their reason for wanting me to be involved. Voldemort-' to Elias annoyance, a lot of people seated around the meeting table flinched '- wants the magical and the muggle word to be separated completely. Where you two differ in opinion, is that you, Dumbledore, believe in the inherent goodness of people, whilst Voldemort believes in their inherent evil. You assume that even if we're discovered, they'll love us for our magic. Voldemort thinks they'll fear and consequently hate us.'

Moody, Elias noticed, had been rather quiet for the meeting, but spoke up now. 'And the way he tries to get the power necessary to change our society, mister Riddle? The way he goes about gaining influence and power? Is that something you're fine with as well?'

Elias leaned back in his chair, his hands slightly lifted in mild surrender. 'Hey,' he said calmly, 'that's not my deal. I don't do sides. If you can remember, I just killed someone for you guys. I mean, I'm not going to judge your methods, but both sides hire me for the same purposes.'

Shacklebolt scoffed. 'This guy... you just accused us of being like the Dark Side because you killed someone for us.'

Elias inclined his head. 'And I'm not incorrect.' With a small smirk, he sunk into the memory of the kill.

*flashback* WARNING: graphic stuff

It had taken weeks to track down mister Willes and to corner him. Elias was rather exited for the reward of his hunt.