The Morning (And Day) After

Author's note:
Ait so I don't have anything to say really- thank everyone for reading I guess? Oh and also thanks for all of the lovely comments.

Disclaimer: you... come on guys you know by now.

Enjoy!

It was late the next morning when Elias woke from his sleep. Laying in bed, he frowned to himself. It was a rare occurrence for him to wake up any later than six fifteen. As he wondered why he hadn't woken sooner, he was suddenly greeted by a pounding headache.

Well that would explain it. Slowly, as he rubbed his eyes, the last evening came back to him. He had walked back to the Leaky Cauldron, his mind filled with darkness. His magic was floating around him in an almost visible thundercloud. People had parted for him, and this time he had definitely noticed. He had barely been able to get to the Cauldron without hissing out a killing curse to an unfortunate passerby.

Once inside he had had... wel, too much alcohol, frankly. Elias knew from experience that he wasn't exactly a very nice drunk, but he thought this time hadn't been that bad. He'd just gulped down a lot of fire whiskey whilst staring at the wall in front of him. He vaguely remembered Tom casting some nervous glances at him. Eventually he'd gone upstairs to the room Tom had reserved for him and promptly collapsed on the bed.

He shook his head. Mildly disoriented he slipped off of his bed, ending up lightly swaying in the middle of his room. Suppressing a wave of nausea, he stumbled over to the dresser, where he had strategically placed a bottle of hangover relief the previous day.

He probably didn't want to know, he mused as he gulped down the contents of the bottle, what kind of crap was mixed into the foul tasting potion, but by now he didn't really care. There were things he had to do today. If this was the way to get him up-and-running, then so be it.

He shuddered once more at the worrying taste. Then, he walked over to his briefcase. He needed some nice and intimidating clothes for today.

'Hey Maat,' he asked the portrait stashed in his case, 'what's a better choice? The dragon hide outfit or the black gear with the silver accents?'

The portrait rolled it's eyes. 'Harry. Elias, I mean. Just because I've been around for a while doesn't mean that I have a fashion sense. Just wear some damn clothes and you should be good.'

'I agree. The black leather does bring out my eyes. But then again the dragon hide is more flashy.'

Maat rolled his eyes. 'Just go to the damn meeting man.'

Elias rolled his eyes in return. 'Can't you let me have a little fun once in a while?' With a huff he grabbed his black combat robes and went to change.

Changed and well, Elias eventually returned. He closed his briefcase. With a small sigh he stood. He closed his eyes, and with a small "pop" the room was deserted.

In Hogsmeade, Elias took a second to steady his breath. He didn't like apparation. With a brisk stride he made his way to Hogwarts.

The castle was closed down for the vacation- meaning that the Headmaster would be notified if anyone were to demand entrance- so when Elias felt the wards ripple around him, a small smirk formed on his face.

He saw a couple of kids on the grass near the lake, as well as a couple in the windows looking at him. It wasn't often that a stranger demanded entrance in the vacation. A Slytherin fifth year stepped up to him.

The boy glanced up at Elias' taller figure shrewdly. 'Who are you?'

Elias' lips twitched. 'Not that it really concerns you, but my name is Elias.'