05 - He realized his place.

Aidou Hanabusa

I. Can't. Sleep.

When I'm about to sleep, I open my eyes again anxiously, afraid that this is a dream, and she will be gone in a second. That will be so much worse than before... Now that I know the smell of her, and the colour of her eyes. I can't lose her again. I can't not seeing her again.

Sighing, I realize I need a blood coffee, I went out from my room, in my messy bed hair, to find the helper. One actually just walked upstairs but with a tray on her hand. Rosè tea and freshly made delicious cookies. Who's that for? I thought everyone's asleep right now?

When I'm about to ask her to make me a coffee, there's a not-so familiar figure.

An angel. My Lady. She said something to her and then looked at me.

Feeling my presence, she's turning her head to her left. To me. Looking so beautiful with her white dress. Looking so beautiful even when she doesn't try to.

"Good morning, Aidou-kun," she greets, an unfamiliar words coming out of her mouth. To think that I'd see her the first thing in the morning...

"Good... Morning... Resha-...sama." My cheeks turning red, my voice is way too small compared to my usual so I'm hoping she can hear it.

"What made you up so early?" Even the sound of her voice makes me melt... So soft, gentle and elegant. It's like she control the measurement of her bass and pitch and everything so that it comes out incredibly perfect and flawless.

You know what. The fact that I'm living in the same building as yours, and the fact that I am completely madly in love with you? "Uh, I studied a lot of things."

Resha nods. "I see... If you're not tired, accompany me for a couple of minutes, then?"

No. Way. This. Is. Happening.

******

After following Resha-sama to her room, I'm sitting in front of her awkwardly, looking at my own hands as another maid pouring me a cup of water with red liquid, just the way I like it. We're sitting in silence. I'm too shy to ask her a question, and prefer to enjoy the scent of her. The scent of sweet flowers and vanilla. She's a beauty, yes. Even though she's this close to me, she still looked unapproachable. As if there's an invisible wall between us. Uncrossed river.

"How are you doing, Aidou? It's been a couple of years we didn't see each other." She starts a topic, sipping her tea, eyes capturing mine.

"Yes, it has been years. I'm fine, Resha-sama, how are you?" She seems fine, that's good. I would actually slit my wrist if anything major is happening to you.

She grins, a smile that I couldn't decipher. "No worries, I'm perfectly fine. How is your family?"

"They are fine as usual, Resha-sama."

Resha-sama smiles a little. "That's a relief."

She's showing no sign that she will continue talking, so I start to talk. "Did you got my letters, Resha-sama?" I ask in curiousity, in case my she didn't actually read it and just burned it. But, hey, I'm not mad.

Resha-sama is still holding my eyes. "Yes, yes I did. Thank you very much, I'm very fortunate to have your letters since I wasn't in a good mood for the last few years, as they kept me entertained."

There's silence, but I'm wondering, is that what women do? Not in the mood, for years? Not that I'm blaming her, since her family was... "I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply. But I prayed for you everytime," she continued. Still smiling, but there's a sense of sincerity in her voice. "I really am sorry," she said it one more time. Just like the old times. She's apologizing again.