46 - "just the touch of your hand..."

Resha Valentine.

Aido is still flustered like hell to his neck, ears from my kiss earlier. He run while holding Yori-chan's wrist, taking her to the safe place with creased eyebrows, probably annoyed or everything. I turn my head to Kaname, and his eyes hold mine already. "The morning the day, the sunlight will be more painful, Yuuki."

They're looking at me with a lot of questions, but I need to put some shield first... There's a lot of human here. I point both of the palms of my hands to outside the window, and watch the light comes out of my hand, sending the silver thin line into the air just like before.

"Resha," he called as I'm about to jump out of the window, my eyes turn from the ground to his, and his eyes held nothing but secrets and mysteries, like there's an invisible words coming out from his eyes. Just like me, he wanted to say something, perhaps a farewell, but he closes it again, gulping back the words inside of him. "Be careful."

"You too." I nodded, and jump out. Not realizing there's a tear come out from the corner of my eyes. I don't realize there's someone down here, so I'm staring at the Akatsuki and Ruka who looked surprised, immediately wipe it. "Thank you for guarding."

"For a Pureblood to cry in front of someone is too rare." Ruka hand me her handkerchief. "Even if you knew it from the first time, why are you still..."

I politely shake my head, refused it. "Just keep guarding, I have something to take care."

"If you knew Kaname-sama will marry her from the first time, why are you two still together?" Akatsuki's question stop me from walking, but instead of answer it, I turn my head a little and smirk.

"I advice you to stop talking as if you know everything, Akatsuki. The truth isn't that pretty, you know."

********

After changing my clothes into a white pale dress, I tie half of my hair to the back, and looking at myself, who's looking exactly like my Father. I have my Mother's eyes, thought. This appearance is also my curse, to let me remember them everytime I look into the mirror. Perhaps why I was always wear plain dresses is because I am punishing myself, for not being able to save them and now I'm punishing myself, by being the only plain thing of myself.

I hear a sudden loud sound, like something's broken, wall or a roof. Looking outside the window, I notice that the place where Rido's aura from, is falling down.

"This is it..." I touch the window, and grasp it, but then realizing that Kaname's bats are flying, one of them is outside my window, looking at me, as if inviting me there.

I know that direction... He's going to the Senate.

********

"...to summon us all here, Kaname-sama..." I hear voices as one of them talking when I arrived.

"At the very beginning of everything, I slowly found myself sinking into a pit of despair about the condition of the Vampires. And even after being awoken from a slumber that lasted many ages, I found you all, still building the same invisible cage, without having essentialy changed one little bit." Kaname's voice is cold and unapproachable, telling me that whatever I say will not change his mind.

So this is what Kaname meant at that time. Now I understand. He wanted to kill them. Who wouldn't? But... For some reason this feels wrong. Aren't they have families too? Kids?

"Kaname, don't," I said, coming out from my hiding, the Senate silenced when they sees me, hoping for me to save them from this hell. "You killed many people already! Now them? Please—at least let me do it."