43 - Depression

Resha Valentine.

Even after a few minutes, Aido doesn't come back. Did I tease him too much? I didn't expect myself to be this unsensintive towards other people. This is unlike me.

Sighing, and because the students who are looking at me are starting to increase, I stood up and take my leave.

"The date was pretty good," I mumble to myself, feeling the winter breeze hit my face.

What?

All of a sudden, I'm shivering. Like, something bad is coming. No, arrived. I feel afraid and scary at the same time, my vampire instinct tell me something is not right. Something is very wrong. My feet stops walking, about to walk back to the Moon Dorm and not waiting for Aido, but my legs doesn't want to move there. There's something that's definitely wrong there.

This is the familiar fear, I know I've tasted this before. The exact same way when they were killed. He's here.

Know something bad is about to happen, I'm running to the Headmaster office, want to tell him my instinct when Kaname himself is there, doesn't turn his head around when I open the door. The room goes to silence when I burst in, so I think they're talking about something important just now.

"Headmaster, I'm sorry for interrupting but I know something's not right... Did you feel it?" I asked, looking at him without minding Kaname's eyes at me.

Headmaster sigh, averting my eyes at him and looking at his desk instead. "I'm sorry, Resha... I wish you can forgive me for doing this..." I hear Kaname's voice, pointed at me.

Suddenly, he closes my eyes with his hand, and his other hand pushing me to be near him. "Wha—Let me go!" I hold his hand on my eyes, try to let go. My nails dig on his wrist and my other hand squeezing his shoulder.

"I hope my power is strong enough to close your eyes until everything's over... Until he die..." He whispers.

"Kaname!"

"Goodnight," Kaname says, and I feel my struggle is going down. I'm losing my consciousness.

*******

My body is heavy, and I'm not awake, I know. I'm in somewhere dark, but I hear whispers from the reality.

"I want you to be safe, Resha. You may hate me..." it's Kaname's voice. "You probably already know, after this is over, I have to marry her... I broke my promise to you..."

I want to open my eyes so bad. I want to let him know that it's okay for him to hurt me... I want to tell him that it's okay.

"I won't get your forgiveness, I know. But you'll always be safe, I promise. That's the one thing I'll always make sure." He sighs. "I hope I'm powerful enough to keep you asleep until everything's over. I just don't want to trouble you even more." And then he's walking away.

As I'm in the darkness and opens my eyes, I'm in my own dream, in my own home, with lights all over and warmness. Looking at myself from a third person perspective, so young and little, running from Kaname and laughing. Kaname is looking for me who's hiding under the table.

Heh, how innocent and bright I was. He was always taking care of me, when Juuri, Haruka and my parents went, he would always guard me. I owned him, we own each other at that time.

"Resha, this is Yuuki, she will be your sister too." Juuri let me take a look of the baby, she's sleepy, and peaceful. The precious one..?

"Sister will protect you, Yuuki." I give her my finger, that she hold.