14 - The wet night.

Resha Valentine

I'm walking outside, wearing the cream dress. I style my hair into the ponytail and wearing a simple necklane, not making any effort at all.

"Resha-sama, would you like a drink?" One of the nobles who's not in the same class as me and Kaname's main group, smiling politely.

Smiling back, I was about to say yes when someone called my name. "Resha-sama, I was told by Kaname-sama to bring you to him." Seiren. She's wearing a buttoned kind of top, with her eyes that's cold and flat.

"I need to go... Thank you for the offer," I said, smile again and go to Kaname's seat. He's inside the terrace, sitting quietly behind closed curtain with a drink on his hand with a black an white suit. His long fingers holding the glass that is filled with red liquids, or should I say, fake blood. He's looking like a jaguar–elegant and deadly.

His eyes looking at me. Consuming me. One thing I always know from Kaname, is that he's one of the greatest liar I've ever know.

"Why are you blanking out?" Kaname's voice brings me back to reality. "Here, sit next to me. Be my guest."

I sat there and looking at people. Some of them are gazing at us, some of them are talking or anything, but avoiding Kaname's eyes or mine. A maid comes in, bring me one glass of the fake blood, but better than the blood tablets. "How was your trip to the town?"

Oh boy. Here we are. I turn my head to his, Kaname leaning his head to me and smirk. "Did you have fun by ran off from me while I was asleep?"

Can't help it, I smiled. "You drooled on my shoulder... Take that as a punishment."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He sounds amused. "Well, tell me. How was the trip?"

Sipping my drink, I'm avoiding his eyes. "It was fun, me and Aido danced because there was this festival– I don't know– but we danced. And we ate. And we went shopping... well, I did. But you get the point."

"And?" Kaname leaned more closely. "Spoil me with details, Resha."

Laughing nervously, I retreat myself further from him. "We bought a dress and everything... I guess that was it?" Please tell me he was still asleep when my blood poured all over my clothes... Or when I changed clothes... "Can we just drop this?"

"He drank your blood, didn't he?" Kaname's voice is now bold and... Scary. "I'll kill him," he whispered.

"No, no, no!" I immediately grab his hand. "Just a bunch of level Es... I was surprised, I never met them. There was twenty-ish of them. Why are you asking me things you already know? I saw your bat looking at me from a distance."

He take my hand, smiling, and kissing it. "Well, when one does ran away from a certain person, we would want to know why. The fight was amazing."

Bastard.

Kaname chukles and pulled my hand, letting my head rest on his shoulder. "Thank you. For being honest even when I didn't ask you to."

You jerk. You totally asked for it.

I looked at the entrance, feeling a human and vampire presence. There's Yuki and Zero, didn't seem to notice me while I peeked through the half-closed curtain and they're being walked, or more like guarded by Akatsuki and Aido.

"What are they doing here?" I whisper. "Bad idea."

He watched my face carefully, trying to know what or who I'm currently thinking about.

*****

Going back to the party after from the talk with several nobles, I see a really messed up scene.

Zero, in front of Kaname with Yuuki in Kaname's hand, she's sitting on the place I sat on before. Everyone's staying silence because of a level E in front of their Leader, and suddenly...

Without any hesitation, or care that all of the people here will attack him, Zero point his gun to Kaname's head. The aura gets so dark and evilish here in a moment

"Kaname," I said and walk there to stop them, holding Zero's gun that he's gripping on so tightly. "...do you mind apologizing to our guests?"

Kaname, smirking faintly when he sees everyone pointing their guns at Zero, glanced at me. "I mind," he says and I sighed in frustration.

Zero, slowly put his gun away and I pull him by wrist to the corner of the party. "What did you think earlier? You could have died!" I whispered hardly at him.

He kept silence, and staring at both of Yuuki and Kaname. "He annoyed me," Zero finally answer. "He was the first one who caused that."

"Kaname always annoys everyone, even me. Don't take it too personally, he didn't mean any of it. Well maybe he did, I don't know, but I'm sorry, I should be there when-"

"No, it's okay. You did enough. If it wasn't for Yuuki, I already pull the trigger."

"That's strange, Zero."

"You said that like you don't know me." He's grinning.

I am about to answer that when I suddenly smell blood, and turn my head in response. Shiki sliced Ichijou's hand purposely, and licking it hungrily. Just looking at it, I frown and turn my head back to Zero...

He's not there. He's running away. Clearly the smell of blood irritate him. "Zero!"

"Resha, let him." I can hear Kaname's loud voice, ringing in this dark silent crowd. "If you're chasing him then–"

Glaring at him, I stated back. "Then what? You're going to kill me for this?"

"Don't—" Not waiting for his answer. I'm running to Zero, luckily I still can catch up.

"Zero, wait!" I'm shouting his name again.

Suddenly, he get inside into the pool, drown himself in it. The thirst... Must be burning inside him... "Go," he groans.

I take off my heels and going inside the pool, standing on the edge of my feet and walking to him. "Are you okay?" I asked, touching his chin. "You hungry, right?"

He doesn't answer, so I cut my index finger with my fangs. "Here, it's a special occasion so you can have a little."

Zero's red eyes looking at it, with hatred but also tempted.

Click.

Fastly, I pulled Zero and trade my place with him, feeling the burning feeling on my shoulder and... Burning so hot. I can see suddenly the water turns into red, and... oh, that's my blood.

"Resha!" All I can hear is Zero's calling my name all over.