37 - Desperation.

Resha Valentine.

I'm sitting in front of my fireplace, feeling the warm heat of the fire with my mother beside me, she's holding a cup of tea in her hands, with my hot chocolate on the carpet. "Warm, isn't it?" She ask with a soft smile.

I nodded with a smile. "No matter where you are, you will always find warmness everywhere you go. I hope you will, Resha." She kisses my forehead. "I hope, you will also radiant warmness, wherever you are."

Suddenly, she turn around to the silence entrance door. "Ah, Lucas and the Kuran is here," she mumble, looking outside the door. I wonder how in earth my mom can predict things like that. She knows everything. From the reason why the earth is round, until the things like how rainbow happens. A very intellegent and genius kind of lady. The one who can always answer her daughter's idiotic and multifarious questions.

The maid abruptly open the door, revealing them with cold wind surrounding them and freeze myself too so I held my blanket more tightly, making their and my breath turns into fog. "Oh, my!"

My mother, immediately wrap a blanket around Juuri, Kaname's mother. "How was your pregnancy, Juuri? It's so freezing outside." She's smiling.

Juuri looking at them. "She's so quiet, probably because of the snow..."

My mother hugs Juuri and whispering something that's only for them to hear, and giggles playfully. Both of them are bestfriend since they were little, just like me and Kaname. I love how my family and the Kurans protect each other... They also really coorperative and possesive around each other, as expected from the strongest purebloods families.

"Resha," Kaname calls suddenly, he stood inside with thick coat to his knees and white scarf around his neck. "Let's go upstairs, it's so freezing here."

I'm running to him and hug him, as he laughs and hug me back tightly, his breath is cold on my neck curve. His smile is clear and happy. "Kaname! What are we going to do?"

"Anything you want!" He pull me upstairs and bring me to the play room. Play me the piano and laughing interestingly, as I dance to his tune.

********

A knock wake me from daydreaming. It is a strong and well known aura. "What?" I abruptly ask, not even bother to open the door.

The door opens and reveal Kaname, who's looking slightly irritated also sad. He's closing the door behind him and start walking to me who's currently laying on the bed. "Aido's face was really surprised when you said that, Resha."

Sighing, I bury myself in the blanket. "It was true, anyway. I killed them."

"No, he killed them..." Then I feel his weight on the bed, hugging me who's covered in blanket. "Stop blaming yourself... It wasn't your fault at all."

Inside the blanket, I close my eyes. "Who are you kidding? If it wasn't for me, then... They..."

Kaname kisses each of my knuckles softly who's gripping the blanket, as I feel his softness on it. "They didn't sacrifice their soul for nothing, Resha. It's for you, the one and only."

Frowning, I open the blanket, revealing him who's resting his head on my stomach. "They died because of me, and that's the point."

Kaname smiles, and straighten his head, looking at me. "I'll tell you something."

He doesn't wait for my answer, instead, he pull me into his arms, and make me listen to his static breath. Blood flowing, and his calm beating heart. "This is my heart, the center of my body... Without this, I'll die in a moment."