47 - Grief and Devotion.

Aido Hanabusa.

"You can't go anywhere!" I shouted at Yuuki, who's preparing herself for the battle. She couldn't be thinking to help them. What could this little brat do? She's an amateur in this. "Kaname-sama told me to—"

"I can't sit here just like this," she said stubbornly, running to the stairs to go out in his black uniform while I'm following her. "Up there, they're fighting- and I just can't sit back and watch. I am not a human anymore. I am not weak. I—"

"Kaname-sama will die!" I uncontrollably shout at her, grasping her wrist to stop her from running. Yuuki Kuran's eyes widen and she stop her steps in front of the door. "He lost her—if you're not there for him, he'll die. Don't go up there. Let them. This isn't our fight!"

Suddenly, Yuuki fall to the ground, looking down without her face facing me, looked depressed than ever. "I'm afraid. I don't want to be the cause of her death. Everyone will blame me. Everyone will hate me. I don't want this."

"Are you stupid?!" I'm glaring at her who's looking gloomy and sad, irritatingly scratching the back of my head. "Resha is the strongest pureblood! She will rip his heart and break his bones like a chopstick! He is nothing againts her, Kuran Yuuki!"

That kind of low enemy is nothing for her. She is the strongest vampire. Stronger than everyone. Even the scent of her blood is extremely powerful, really tempting and full of fresh power of her. Resha will not lose. Resha will not be dead. There's no need to question that. She will kill him and stay alive.

When I realized, Yuuki isn't in my sight anymore. That damn stubborn pureblood brat!

******

Resha and Rido is on the rooftop, so I run there. The upper floor was half crumbled, and the stairs to go there was also destroyed, so me and Yuuki Kuran ran to the crumbled part. Kaname-sama was already there, looking up to them with silent eyes. His face is calm and impassive, he knows Resha will win no matter what. Just like me. He knows what she's really capable of. That kind of enemy is nothing for her. She's the Lady of the Vampires after all.

The three of us are waiting eagerly for her. These minutes feels like a decade. It feels too long for us. It feels like the time has slowed down to the point I get irritated and worried. What am I worried for? After this she will live with me. Of course she will.

Suddenly, the rest of the upper floor was crumbled because something—someone—was just thrown hardly to the rest of it. Kaname-sama covered his face with his back hand like the light has blinded him for a few seconds. We are protected by Resha's protection, so it doesn't really that frightening for me. There's dusts and smoke around us, blinding our vision from her. I expect her to smile like a winner after defeated him.

But what I see is nothing more than an enigmatic scene.

In front of the three of us. Resha is there, standing alone by herself. Just like the usual, she looked calm like nothing happened. Her expression was... twisted. Happy, but also terribly sad. None of us moved. Our feet stayed at our spot, frozen even without my ice. We couldn't move neither speak. Nothing could come out. All of us know there must be something wrong with her. The usualness feel strange for us.

Resha is standing stiff, the corner of her lips quirked into something looked like a smirk. A happy-winning smirk. But the other corner, there's a line of blood drawn out of her mouth, smoothly running down to her flawless chin.

Her white plain dress, was also ruined. Inside her heart, there's a blade, deeply planted in her, right in the heart. Her crimson blood dirtied her dress, contrast with the pure white.

And in this moment. In this exact second, all my senses stopped. There's a really big hot lump in my throat, and my heart felt like it was squeezed by pain itself.