9. Daddy Dearest And Darling Daughter

“You're only here for a short visit. 
Don't hurry, don't worry. And be
sure to smell the flowers along way

- Walter Hagen

★•.★•.★•.

It was late at night

It was late at night. The bunker was quiet cause everybody seemed to fall asleep. Well not everybody. Dean Winchester was tiptoeing along the hallway. Stopping in front of a room, very carefully he opened the door.

He didn't enter though, just stood outside. A small smile formed on his face like he was relieved to see something or someone. A few seconds later, closing the door and he went back to his room.

This was almost like a routine to him since his daughter came to the bunker. Seeing her safe, tucked in bed, so close to him, gave him reassurance. Maybe this was how a father supposed to feel, he thought.

It had been a few days now Fayre being here and all of them were adjusting quite well. In these days, both the Winchesters learnt a lot about the girl. She was an interesting one. Some serious lore books made her laugh and cringe like she was reading fiction.

But one thing was clear, this girl loved vampires. She read almost every books in bunker about them. And for some strange reason, she was enthusiastic to meet Castiel. When they asked why, let's just say she would be seriously disappointed seeing him.

But like Fayre, Dean was also busy. He was doing his best to show her the goodness of classic rock, old western movies, horror flims and the list just went on and on. Sam tried to save the girl from Dean. But the deed was done as she was hooked already. Dean also gave her a list of his all time favourite and now she spent hours either watching or listening those contents.

Still apart from all that, one thing both the Winchesters agreed on Fayre sharing most of her characteristics with Sam than Dean. According to Dean, they both were creepily in love with books, had same puppy dog eyes, had cute dimples only Fayre's not Sam's and Dean made it clear. The new father grumbled about that but no one could dampen Sam's mood being twinsies.

Also both Winchesters loved her pixie height. Dean thought it was too cute how short she was and how she had to jump to get something from the cabinet. So the brothers deliberately put things out of her reach only to see her huffed and puffed.

In the end, it was a good week for all of them. But now Fayre had to go back to her school as she stayed here for a week and that was the deal with her teacher. Dean didn’t like it at all. He whined about not letting her go but Sam told him they didn’t have a choice and it might be good for her too as she wouldn’t be bored when they were on hunt.

So with a heavy heart, Dean agreed even when not a single cell of his body liked the idea.

★•.★•.★•.

It was in the morning when the brothers and the girl came to the bus station. Dean was in a bad mood from the beginning of the day and throughout the whole drive. He didn’t even eat pie. And it was clear that the reason behind Dean's sour mood was Fayre's departure.

It was her idea to go back by bus. Because Dean and Sam just found a case in Ohio where people had been combusting. So, she didn’t want the brothers to waste any time.

It indeed was a big risk to send her alone. But Fayre gave them logical facts like if they went to Ohio now, they could save many people and she also told them if someone saw the brothers with her, it could be a problem.

Last week, Sam gave her a brief about their past so she had an idea about the monsters who wanted to hurt them. Her main idea was going to the station completely solo but Dean forbade strongly. So, the brothers came with her. What Fayre didn’t know was Dean asked Castiel and Crowly who were on Lucifer hunt if the angels or demons knew anything about his daughter and to his delight the answer came back with a big no.

That was why Dean was a little less anxious about her going alone. It may be sounded crazy but it was one of the safest way.

So here were they now, waiting for the bus to come. Dean asked,

"You sure you'll be okay?"

"Yes", nodding her head she replied.

"You have the pendent?", he asked about the anti-possession charm.

"Uhuu", showing him she replied.

"Phone?"

"Fully charged", she told him.

"What about our numbers?", he was really worried.

"Dad.....I'll be fine", she said with a sweet smile.

If it was any other time, Dean would melt to hear her calling that. Like before, in the bunker when she first called him "Dad". He would never forget it. But right now hearing the word, somewhere in his heart ached.

"I still don’t like the idea", Dean told Sam.

"You asked them yourself Dean, she will be fine for now", Sam said.

With a big sigh, Dean looked at his daughter and asked again,

"You sure you'll be fine?"

She nodded.

"What if something happen?"

"I'll call 911", she replied innocently.

"911!!! Who calls 911 these days?", Dean asked totally not pleased with his daughter's answer.

"I don't know Dean, normal people", Sam commented from behind.

Glaring his brother, Dean told his daughter, "No...from now on, don’t call 911 first. Call one of us and then pray to Castiel"

"The angel?"

"Yes, he can hear you from anywhere and could help you, okay?"

"He sounds awesome!"

"Not as awesome as me", Dean stated and added, "What if someone looks at you funny?"

"I'll...pop the person's eye?", Fayre said remembering his father's advice though it seemed like a question.

Smiling big Dean clapped on her shoulder saying, "Atta girl. Remember to poke hard".

Sam gave his brother a bi**h face but didn’t say anything about his parenting skill. Ignoring Dean, he told her,

"Just be safe", he smiled softly.

So when the bus came, hugging both of them tight, she climbed in.

Sam could swear, he saw his brother's eyes glistening a bit. But Dean just kept looking at her way even when the bus was gone cause all he felt was as if she took a part of him with her. And Dean couldn’t wait to get that part back.

★•.★•.★•.

It was one in the afternoon when Dean got a call from his daughter. He answered it immediately and asked him if she was okay.

"I'm fine, I'm close....."

Suddenly she stopped talking and Dean's heart jumped and just a second later he heard her saying,

"Miss..."