11. Red With Recoil

The moments we share are the
moments we keep forever

★•.★•.★•.

It felt so nice walking between these tall trees

It felt so nice walking between these tall trees. The leaves were falling here and there making soft noises. The sun was playing peekaboo with the white clouds. And the surrounding was both nice and calm, almost soothing. I could also hear the bird chirping.

But everything got quiet abruptly when the sweet breeze replaced with gusts of wind.

Fallen leaves and branches were flying  everywhere. Before I could understand what was happening, everything returned back to normal again.

It was gone just like the way it came leaving only the remainings. But it was quiet now. Too quite for my liking. A sudden shriek made me jump on my feet when it tore through the air. The noise was getting closer and closeer but I couldn’t see anyone.

When I felt someone's heavy breathing on my neck and no one was around me, I started to run for my life.

I shouted, "Help, somebody help me"
My own voice echoed back to taunt me.

I screamed again, "HELP ME, please..."

Hot tears started streaming down on my face. I tried to wipe them but when I looked down, it was bloody red....

Screaming I woke up from my sleep. It took me a while to realize, I was safe on my bed. My breathing was rapid and uneven. The dream felt so real. I looked around and could see that it was morning already. So with a dreary feeing, I started to get ready for the day. Hoping at least the rest of the day would be alright. And how wrong I was.

★•.★•.★•.

Today was a crazy one. Most of the students were super busy with their studies. Not just today, from the past three days, it was like this. And for me school, homework, assignment were enough, today's nightmare tagged along too.

I remember after seeing that mysterious woman, next day I did visit the place but didn’t find anything. I even asked some of the students if they saw her or not. The answer was always negative. It seemed like she vanished into thin air. Then I got busy with school so didn’t have time to think about it. And truth to be told, in the broad daylight, it wasn’t that scary anymore so I didn’t give it any thought.

But today's nightmare brought back that uneasy feelings and this time I couldn’t ignore it. So, I decided to call my father hoping he wasn’t busy.

He picked up after the second ring. We had a long conversation about almost everything. Half of them didn’t even make sense. He told me to listen to classic rock to reduce my stress which earned him some scolding from Sam. But even with all the playfulness, I could detect an urgency in his voice.

When I asked him if everything was alright, he said yes though it felt like he was hiding something. So in the end, I couldn’t tell him about the golden light or the lady. He would be worried for nothing and it wasn’t like I was hurt or anything. It had been days and I was still kicking.

So I let go the matter completely which turned out to be my first mistake.

I was with my friends in the common room along with some other students. We all were exhausted so decided to chill a little. We were in the middle of a movie when the power went out suddenly.

When it was almost ten minutes and the power didn’t come back, the girls started using flashlights of their phones to go back to their room as it seemed like a problem in the meter box . I was about to enter my room when one of the girl came running to me saying Ms Young, our hostel super needed to see me asap.

It was kinda weird for her to call me at this hour but I went to her office anyway. When I knocked, nobody answered. So opening the door I said,

"Ms. Young, you wanted to see me?"

But there was no one. The room was slightly glowing from the candle light. I was confused but everything cleared automatically when I felt someone grabbed me from behind and put a knife on my throat. I froze realizing my mistake. I couldn’t even scream. The person didn’t say anything but silence worked best, right?

And the next thing I knew was falling into deep slumber.

★•.★•.★•.

A harsh jolt woke me up and I heared a rough voice saying someone to drive carefully. Remembering what happened before, I started to pray for this to be a dream too. My bad it wasn’t.

I was really in a car with my abductors. Fear gripped my whole body. Who were they? Why did they take me?

I didn’t open my eyes and pretended to be unconscious to hear them talking. But whoever was with me didn’t talk or made a single sound. My mind started to race for any possibilities to escape though the chances seemed pretty much non existent.

Maybe if I cried out of pain, I would get a reaction out of them. So I mentally began to prepare for doing so. I didn’t have to show my acting skill cause I could feel a change in the air. So I opened my eyes to see what was actually happening. From my horizontal view all I could get was they were panicked for some reason.

Suddenly the car began to sway very dangerously. I sat up immediately. Before I could see anything, the car totally lost the control and flipped over and I was screaming like a banshee the whole time.

When it finally stopped moving around it was me who couldn’t move my body. I was trapped under something. I needed to get out. I hope my abductors wouldn’t leave me here to die.

"Help", why I sounded so meek.

I tried again. This time no voice came out of my mouth. This couldn’t be happening. I just found my dad and uncle. I had so much to do with them. I knew it was only a matter of time before I lost my conscious. So with a little strength I could master, I tried to move again and still couldn’t.

Suddenly my father's advice came into my mind. Castiel. I had to pray to him. He could help me. I didn’t know if it would work or not but I tried saying,

"Castiel, my...name is...Fayre. If...if you can hear me please I need help. I ne.."

Suddenly the door was ripped out.
A pair of boot came to my blurry vision. Someone was here to help me. Relief flooded inside my veins.

I raised my hand slowly. Why it was so red? Didn’t matter cause everything would be alright now. I would go back to my dad. He would keep me safe. All the adrenaline left my body and I was feeling extremely sleepy.

Just before the darkness enveloped me with open arms, I felt a cold hand grasped my bloody one. And then nothing...