X. Damned or Destined

The beautiful thing about love is
that you just need to plant it once
and nurture it and it shall bloom
into blossoms that would cover
the valleys.

- Hermann J. Steinherr

✮∘.✮∘.✮

Fayre

Fayre

A voice spoke my name, it sounded muffled far away as if from underwater.

"Open your eyes, please!", it begged, frantic and filled with horror.

As I floated drifting away towards the darkness, the desperate voice sobbed,  trying everything to pull me towards it.

"Mary, do something", it growled.

"Jack, she's...", someone whispered.

"No!", the agony struck me more than anything else but I couldn’t find my voice or my way back to him.

"Listen to me– I'm not gonna lose you, you hear that? You're going to be fine", he promised.

Then it all stopped. Maybe this was what death supposed to be, painless, numbing. Only it wasn’t as warm lips touched my cold one exhaling it's essence into my body, for the first in forever my eyes flew open. A hot scalding pain flooded every inch of my body and I pushed, hit for all I was worth but he held his place.

So I gave in, fell into his awaiting arm and through the long tunnels my eyes had formed, the last thing I remembered– his relieved face.

Yeah, he didn’t let death take me away but I wondered, was it an easy escape? After-all my life was never the same.

6 days before

The enclosed space of the impala suddenly felt too restricted as we were getting closer and closer. I tried to focus on the outside, everything was a blur as Dean was driving extremely fast, anxious to get the boy before he slipped again, Jack was good at hiding.

The brothers forgot all about their muscle cramps the moment Jody Mills called last night saying she found someone that matched Jack's description to the point but the person was a lead suspect of killing an artist, Derek Swan. Sure in the past there was an unfortunate accident but Jack would never hurt an innocent intentionally, we just needed to have faith in him but Sam and Dean were having second thoughts.

Dean admitted he grew a soft spot for the boy but he also said that they would have to prepare for anything. I couldn’t blame him this time, the situation was just like so.

The car screeched to a stop making me jerk forward. I looked at Dean, his eyes were locked on the distance. When I followed his gaze, my eyes widened. Jack was standing a few feet away from us with a girl, her curly black hairs were tousled, covering half of the face and they both seemed to be in a heated conversation.