VII. Error and Embattle

"𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍; 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍."

- 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚘

✮∘.✮∘.✮

I had developed muscle cramps by the time we pulled up in front of a motel at Dodge City

I had developed muscle cramps by the time we pulled up in front of a motel at Dodge City. The backseats were taken by Jack, Castiel and Tom so I had to sit in the front. The boys were uncertain of leaving Tom alone in the bunker so we brought him along with us.

A noticeable problem occurred when we tried to fit inside the car but my father refused to drive any vehicle other than his precious 'Baby'. So in the end I had to squeeze between Sam and Dean.

Getting out of the car, the first thing I did was stretching my limbs. Any other time my father would've fussed over me but today he practically ran off to the motel room he booked in advance. The reason was pretty obvious once the rest of us entered too. It was nothing like the casual motel room I had seen before. The suite was decorated with wild west theme, the walls were adorned with photos of gunslingers and cowboys.

Dean had a big smile on his face. He eagerly pointed out every corner, telling us all the details of each gunslingers. It was cute to see him fanboying over them.

"Dude, do you have a fetish or something?", Tom asked yawning.

We all looked at him unimpressed. The boy seemed to have a tendency to open his mouth at the wrong time.

The older Winchester narrowed his eyes and grumbled, "We should've left him in the bunker"

Not bothering to pay Tom any attention, Sam told us it would be better to start on the case in the next day. So we all slept off the night. Only the angel and the nephilim remained awake as they turned out to be non-sleepers.

Later in the morning, I was on the duty of observing traffic cam. Sam and Dean had gone to the crime scene with Jack who was excited to solve this case as he found it in the first place. I looked up from the laptop to Castiel who was stuck with me.

"Sorry. For me you had to put up with babysitting", I apologised in embarrassment.

Castiel replied, "I don't mind. It's better than talking to people. Even after years of being on earth, I still find it difficult to act properly around humans"

He paused for a moment then added, "But I'm curious. I thought you would be ecstatic like Jack to work on the case. Why didn't you go?"

Rubbing the back of my neck I murmured, "Actually I'm curious to see how hunting works. But I don't think it's a good idea"

"Why not?", Tom asked munching on some popcorn. He was sitting beside Castiel with a big basket of popcorn on his lap.

"Well Sam and Dean have years of experience and Jack is a celestial being, he has powers more than all of us combined. I kinda lack in those sections. If I jump right in without preparing myself, I would be nothing but a nuisance to them. So it's better to prepare myself first, even if it takes more time"