XIX. Blunder with Betrayals

"𝚄𝚗𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎."

– 𝙴.𝙴. 𝙲𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

✮∘.✮∘.✮

Laying on my stomach, I repeatedly banged my forehead into the pillow, almost 2:00 a

Laying on my stomach, I repeatedly banged my forehead into the pillow, almost 2:00 a.m. and here I was without an wink of sleep in my eyes. Sitting up, I glared at the clock. 2:10. Only ten minutes had passed, yet it felt like an eternity. So finally I gave up and pushing myself off the bed, I made my way down the hall.

The living quarter remained silent except the occasional snoring made their way through the closed doors, most of them were currently occupied with the hunters from the apocalypse world since the Winchester brothers decided to bring them to our world. I kept walking absentmindedly until a certain door stopped me at my tracks.

It was Jack's.

I imagined him locked in his bedroom, pale strands fell over his eyes as he concentrated on the small screen of his laptop or reading a random book, because that was all he did over the past few days; anything except making an eye contact with me. No small talk, no bizarre questions, not even a quick hello when we passed each other. It was frustrating because I had so many questions for him– Why did our skin glow alike that day? Why did I feel so compel to meet his demand? Why was he being so cold to me? I felt as if somehow he had all the answers I needed, but when he wanted his privacy who was I going to tell him "no"?

Turning around I stepped back into the dark hall, parsing through what had occurred between the last seven days– I hadn't seen Castiel since he stepped out for a "supply run", the Winchesters brothers always had their heads buried in a book or laptop, just like the Nephilim and they all refused to talk to me about the matter.

Maybe there's something I am missing; something that everybody knows except me.

I was deep in my thoughts when a sudden bellow reverberated through the walls, "What do you want me to do? Just sit around and do nothing!"

The hair on my back rose at the aggressive tone of the speaker– it was my father. I paused for a moment unsure of what to do but when his voice got louder by the second, I walked towards it and stopped outside of the library. As I peered into the room, my eyes scanned the massive bookshelves packed full of lore, old crafts and two raging people.

"Don't you get it? Right now you're not helping, Dean. You're just making things worse by doing exactly what Castiel told us not to do", the taller brother yelled, the bitterness in his voice was hard to ignore.

The elder Winchester straight out laughed and I had no doubt the reason behind it wasn't funny at all.

"I'm making things worse? I know exactly what I'm doing— looking for a cure like you should be"