IV.

Chapter Four | Date

It had been two weeks since I became mortal

It had been two weeks since I became mortal. Billy and I had watched the sunrise and explored around the reservation since then. I liked the time I spent with him.

At first he was quiet, but as the days passed he started to joke and became playful. I had never met anyone like him before.

I sat in the sand and watched the waves of First Beach.

Billy came and he didn't say anything as he sat down in the sand next to me, we quietly watched the waves break onto the shore.

"If it's not a presumption, I'd very much like if you would join me for dinner?" I asked, looking at Billy.

"Like a date?" He answered.

"Date?" I asked.

"It's when two people go out romantically to a public setting." He replied.

"Then yes, like a date." I said.

"Where would we go?" He asked.

"Charlie said something about a drive in movie." I answered.

"You talked to Charlie about this?" He asked.

"Yes, at first I asked Harry but he kept laughing so I asked Charlie." I replied.

I smiled when I saw his goofy grin.

Later that evening as I stood in front of the mirror, admiring the dress that Judith had let my borrow for my date with Billy.

"Awe, you look so beautiful in that dress." Judith said as Jennie walked in.

"Awe, my brother is going to be all over you." Jennie said.

"Do we need to have the talk?" Judith asked.

"The talk?" I asked, confused.

"She means the sex talk." Jennie answered.

"Oh no... there's no need for the talk." I said, shaking my head as I quickly made my way to the living room.

"Billy don't you look handsome." Connie said as Jennie and Emmie laughed.

"Now Billy have Hehewuti home at 10:00, not a minute later, I'd hate to have to bend you over my knee." William teased as he cracked himself and Judith up.

"Sure, dad." Billy said as we walked out of the house.

"You look really pretty." Billy said as he opened the car door for me.

I blushed, "Thank you, you look handsome, you could rival my brothers." I said.

We talked and laughed on the ride to Port Angeles; he told me a lot about the things he did with Harry, Quil and Charlie.

"So a drive in movie, what do you do there because Harry said you make out in the car. Do you want to make out?" I asked as Billy.

"A drive-in is sort of live a movie theater. Only you stay in your car during the movie, and it's outside. But you turn your radio on to a frequency so that you can hear the movie. And it's on a really big screen." Billy answered.

"Okay." I said.

Billy pulled the car up to the ticket stand, paying the gray-haired woman that was running the booth. Billy pulled into the lot which slightly overcrowded but managed to find a good spot.

He tuned in his radio to the correct station, relaxing in his seat.

"What are we watching?" I asked.

"The Godfather." Billy answered.