XIII.

Chapter Thirteen | Love Don't Change

We been through the worst, Made it through the weather, Our problems and the pain, Our love don't change

"You look beautiful, Hehewuti." Billy said.

"Thank you, Billy, you look handsome." I said as I kissed his cheek.

"And what about me?" Chaska asked as he came out the house.

"You look just as handsome as your father. Now, let's go I have a feeling that we're going to witness something at that wedding." I said.

"Yeah, a vampire marrying a human." Chaska said as he helped Billy into the truck.

"No, something is going to happen. I can feel it." I said as I put Billy's wheelchair in the back of the truck.

"Chaska, we should always follow your mother's instincts, no matter how crazy she sounds." Billy said to Chaska in the truck.

"Hey, I heard that." I said.

Chaska chuckled.

"Right, super hearing." Billy muttered.

"How could you forget?" Chaska asked as I got in the truck.

"Son, the last time your mom was here, she was practically human." Billy answered as he pulled out of the dirt driveway and onto the road.

"One day, you guys have to tell me the whole story." Chaska said.

"Maybe, Billy can tell it at the next bonfire." I said.

/——/

"Mhm, a little over the top for my taste but I guess it works for them

"Mhm, a little over the top for my taste but I guess it works for them." I said as I took my seat.

We had arrived at Bella and Edward's wedding and Esme had led us to our seats. I practically ignored her and her family as Charlie walked up to us and hugged us and thanked us for coming.

"We're family, Charlie." I said to him as he squeezed my hand.

I knew this day would be hard on him.