XI.

Chapter Eleven | In Your Eyes

"Help me understand why you have allowed them
to stay especially if you know more boys will phase because of them being here." I said as I glared at the council.

"We have a treaty and unless they attack someone, we can't do anything about them being here." Billy said.

"I watched our sons fighting newborns and I do not care that's what they're meant to do. They are children, they need to be having a stress free life not patrolling." I said.

"We understand what you're saying, Hehewuti but we unfortunately cannot leave the tribe unprotected." Old Quil said.

"I'm here, I'll protect the tribe." I said.

Billy snorted.

"Right, until your father comes and takes you away." He said.

I frowned.

"So much for forgiveness, right." I said as I got up and walked out of the council hall.

"Billy, that was uncalled for." Sue said as she got up and followed me out. "Hehewuti, wait!" She exclaimed as I turned and faced her.

"Sue." I said.

"Hehewuti, don't let him get to you. He's just upset with himself for what happened back then." Sue said.

"He shouldn't be upset. There was nothing any of us could do against my father." I said.

"Billy doesn't see it like that especially after Chase told us what your father did to you when you tried to come back." She said, frowning.

"Oh yes, I missed a lot for what he did." I said.

"Oh yes, you did. I can't believe you and Billy have a son." She said.

"I never thought I would be a mother." I said.

"He's a good boy, a little stubborn but he's a good person." She said.

"He's perfect in my eyes." I said, smiling.

Sue chuckled.

"Of course, you're his mother." She said.

****

"So, you're a demigod and a shapeshifter?" Bree asked Chaska as he watched his mother try to have a civil conversation with Carlisle.

"Yup." Chaska answered.

"That's way better than being a vampire." Bree said.

"I'm sure it is." Chaska said.

"Stop worrying, your mom could totally take them all out." Bree said.

Chaska smirked.

"She definitely could." He said.

Edward growled at Chaska's thoughts.

"Is he growling at my son?" Hehewuti asked as she stopped her conversation with Carlisle to glare at Edward.

"His thoughts aren't pure." Edward answered.

"So what?" Chaska asked, glaring at Edward.

"You're nothing like Jacob." Bella said, looking at Chaska.

"That's definitely a good thing." Rosalie muttered.

"Anyway, as I was saying I will talk to Billy and the others about letting you change the girl so that you can leave this place and never...and I cannot stress it enough to you that you and your family never come back." Hehewuti said.

"But this is our home." Esme said.

"This may be your home but this is my father's land which makes it my land and I can make sure you never step foot here again. Your kind being here causes too much pain and damage to the tribe." Chaska said.

"You don't have that type of power." Alice said.

"And that's where you're wrong, Alice, I do have that type of power and I'm not afraid to use it for the good of the tribe and its people." Hehewuti said.