IX.

Chapter Nine | The End

Rasing herself from the bed, Hehewuti inwardly groaned.

She felt nauseous.

Her head spun and she lept into the bathroom lunging her head into the toilet just before violently throwing up.

After she finished, Hehewuti sat up and flushed the toilet.

She got in the tub and quickly took a shower then stepping out of the shower, she wrapped herself in a towel when another wave of nausea hit her.

Placing her hand on the wall of the bathroom, she harshly gulped in air holding her stomach hoping she would not vomit again.

Then she went into her bedroom and dressed for the day before going downstairs for breakfast.

Walking into the kitchen, she forced a smile to her face and hugged Billy, taking a seat next to him at the table as Judith placed a plate in front of her.

"Thank you." Hehewuti said as she stared at the plate before looking up to see Billy staring at her. "What?" She asked.

"You don't look so good." Billy answered, resting his hand on her forehead.

"It's nothing." She said.

"Are you sure?" Billy asked.

"Yes." She answered.

"Okay." He said.

****

"Did you feel that?" Hehewuti asked Billy as she stopped walking.

"What?" Billy answered.

"Something is coming." Hehewuti said as she felt the air around her shift.

"What do you feel, Hehewuti?" Billy asked as he grabbed her hand.

'He's coming.' A small voice said in her head.

"He's coming. Billy, you need to leave now." Hehewuti said as she let Billy's hand go.

Billy shook his head.

"What? No, I'm not leaving you." Billy said.

"Billy, go." Hehewuti said as she felt the ground shake.

"No, Hehewuti." Billy said.

'He's here.'

"Hehewuti." Q'waeti said as he appeared.

"Father." Hehewuti said as she moved in front of Billy.

"You really fell for a mortal." Q'waeti said as he glared at Billy.

"What do you want?" Billy asked.

"Billy, please." Hehewuti said.

"Hehewuti, it's time for you to return." Q'waeti' said.

"She's not leaving. This is her home." Billy said, pulling Hehewuti closer to him.

"Foolish boy. She cannot survive in your world." Q'waeti said.

"Yes, I can." Hehewuti said.

"Return home now!" Q'waeti' shouted as Hehewuti glared at him.

"No!" Hehewuti yelled.

Hehewuti lifted her head, even as her mouth trembled, even as her eyes burned, and stared down Q'waeti'.

"You destroyed everything I had!" Hehewuti exclaimed. Then she looked at Billy, whose eyes were indeed wide, his face bone-white. "I was not supposed to love you. But I did. I do. And there is so much I wish . . . I wish we could have done together, seen together." She said as Q'waeti' glared at her.

"Hehewuti, you will return home with me." Q'waeti' said.

"Q'waeti' let her stay." Billy said as Q'waeti' growled as Billy pulled Hehewuti to his side.

"Do not tell me what to do!" Q'waeti' shouted.

"Billy don't... I have to go. I don't want him to do anything drastic." Hehewuti said as she grabbed Billu's left hand and she gently rubbed his ring finger with her thumb.

"Hehewuti." Billy said.

"I'm so sorry." Hehewuti said.

"Foolish girl, let's go." Q'waeti said as he grabbed Hehewuti.

"I love you, Billy, always and forever." Hehewuti said.