XVII.

Chapter Seventeen | Rosalie, The Demigod Nanny

The sunrise, of course, doesn't care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.

 It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it

"You're having a lot of fun up here, Rosalie." I said as I walked into the Demi-godly children's nursery.

Rosalie looked up at me and smiled.

"Oh, Hehewuti, Thank you so much for doing this. I can't believe I'm somewhat human now. And all these kids up here, how could their parents not want to raise them? And why are you dressed like that?" Rosalie asked.

"Time moves faster here than on Earth. Godly children grow and reach adulthood faster than Demi-godly children so their parents don't have the patience to raise them and as for why I'm dressed like this... I'm in my Godly form. I just came from a meeting and I'm also here to offer you a job at the request of the other Gods." I answered as I took a seat on the floor next to her as a little boy came up to me and kissed me on the cheeks.

"Hello, Earthy goddess." The little boy said, bowing his head.

"Hello, Makati." I said, smiling as I placed him on my lap.

"What job do you have for me from the Gods?" Rosalie asked as feeds a newborn baby in her arms.

"The others have noticed how well you have been taking care of the children since your transformation and with my father's permission of course, they would like you to be the official caretaker of the Demi-godly children." I replied as Makati started playing with my hand.

Rosalie gasped.

"What?" Rosalie asked, shocked.

"You heard me, Rosalie, they want you to be a nanny to the children." I answered as I ran my hand through Makati's long wavy hair.

"What about my family? I thought I was going back today." Rosalie said.

"You're still going back but you have the ability to come here and only here to take care of the children." I said.

"Like how you brought me up here?" Rosalie asked.

"Yes, but it's the God of transportation that will teleport you here when you want to come and you cannot bring anyone with you without my father's permission." I answered.

Rosalie nodded.

"I need to talk to Emmett about this but thank you for the offer." Rosalie said.

"Of course. Now, are you ready to go?" I asked her.

Rosalie shook her head yes.

"Let me put this little one back in her crib and we can go." Rosalie answered, standing up and walking over to the crib.

I stood up with Makati still in my arms.

"Can I come with you?" Makati asked.

"Do you really want to?" I replied.

Makati nodded.

"Okay, but you have to behave and no tricks." I said as Rosalie walked back over to me and I grabbed her arm. I teleported the three of us to the Cullens.

We appeared in the Cullens' living room where the Cullens were sitting with their cousins, the Denali coven.

"Oh, Rosalie, you look even more beautiful." Emmett said as he came over and picked her up.

"Hehewuti, this is a coven of vegetarian vampires comprising Tanya, Kate, Garrett, Carmen, Eleazar, and Irina. They are our cousins." Esme said.

"I hope you don't mind but we told them about the new vampirism that your father had created." Carlisle said.

"Not at all. I'll be leaving now." I said as Makati held his hand over his nose.

"Earthy goddess, my nose is burning." He said.

I looked at him.

"Can you smell them?" I asked.

"They smell bad. Is that why my nose is burning?" He answered.

"Another hybrid." I muttered as I thought about who could be his parents.

"Is he going to phase?" Rosalie asked.

"No, not now but I have to find who his parents are." I answered.

"Makati has at least four siblings in the nursery. Do you think they could also be hybrids?" Rosalie asked.

"If they all have the same parents then yes." I replied.

"I'll take the job." Rosalie said.

"What job?" Emmett asked.

"They want me to be the nursery's nanny. Emmett, you should see all the children basically abandoned by their parents because they aren't fully gods. I want to take care of them." Rosalie answered.

Emmett smiled.

"If you want to take care of them then you have my support. Hehewuti, I also want to do the transformation." Emmett said, looking at me.

"Does anyone else want to do it?" I asked.

Makati wiggled his way out of my arm and walked over to Esme and smiled at her.

"If you do it you can work at the nursery too." Makati said.

"How?" Esme asked.

"He has the ability to see your deepest and truest desires." I answered.

"Amazing." Eleazar said, staring at Makati.

"Will the transformation affect our gifts?" Alice asked.

"No." I answered.

"Then I want to do it too." Alice said.

Jasper sighed.

"I'll do it too." Jasper said.