XV.

Chapter Fifteen | What I'm Here For

These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

"You have how much in the bank?" Billy asked.

"A forty million dollars, apparently." I answered as Charlie chuckled at Billy's facial expression.

"What? How is that possible?" Jacob asked.

"Apparently from investments and changes made to her account over the years." Charlie answered.

"Do you have any ideas what to do with the money? I mean, I don't want you to spend it all at once." Billy asked.

"I was thinking repairs for your car, needing a new dishwasher and maybe some few adjustments around the tribe." I replied.

"Hehewuti, you don't have to do that." Billy said.

"Maybe you should do more investments." Jacob said.

"Any kind of investment in shares should be done while looking at the long-term possibilities. The stock exchange has ups and downs, which happen regularly." Charlie said.

I nodded.

"I have no idea what you're saying but I'll just go back to the bank and have them invest more money for me." I said.

Jacob chuckled.

"Wow, Hehewuti, you really are like the stories, old man Quil has told us." Jacob said.

"Old man Quil is such a stubborn man." I said.

Bree walked into the room with Bella.

"Hello, everyone." Bree said as Bella took a seat next to Jacob.

"Where have you two been?" Charlie asked.

"With Chase and Embry." Bella answered.

Charlie smiled.

"How is Embry doing?" Charlie asked.

"He's really excited to have a sister but I think it's also because I can cook." Bella replied.

Everyone laughed.