VII.

Chapter Seven | Dancing In The Dark

Connie and I walked outside and started placing food on the two long tables that was laid out in the back.

William followed us with two coolers filled with drinks.

Once everything was set up, we turned to the group that was sitting on the logs around the camp fire, talking.

"Let's eat!" William shouted as the boys got up first and made it over to the table.

"Idiots, ladies first!" Jennie exclaimed, pushing Quil out of the way and grabbing a plate.

"Jennie, are you sure you're a lady?" Quil asked, glaring at her.

"Quil, I'll beat you into next week if you keep talking to me." Jennie answered.

"When did Billy give that to you?" Emmie asked, looking at the bracelet with wolf charms on my wrist.

"Last night, isn't it beautiful?" I answered, holding my wrist up so she could see it better.

"Mom! Billy proposed to Hehe!" Emmie exclaimed, jumping up and down, smiling.

"What?! Let me see." Jennie said as she walked over and looked at the bracelet. "Grandma's bracelet." She said, squealing.

"Hehewuti, do you know what the bracelet you're wearing means?" Quil Sr asked.

"No, sir I do not... Billy told me it was a love bracelet... but Emmie thinks Billy proposed marriage by giving it to me. Is that true?" I answered.

"Yes, it is true. By accepting the bracelet you have agreed to be his forever." Quil Sr said.

"Oh wow, Billy, you should have told her." Harry said.

Billy looked ashamed.

"You can take it off... if you want to." Billy said.

I quickly shook my head no.

"No, I'll wear it." I said, smiling.

Billy smiled.

"Really?" Billy asked.

"Yes." I answered as Judith smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"You'll be the best daughter in law." Judith said.

"Thank you." I said.

****

"Billy, what are we doing out here?" I asked.

"Well, I want to dance with you under the moonlight. Quil Sr said that the moon would blessed our union." Billy answered.

I smiled widely.

"Of course, she would. What beat are we dancing to?" I asked.

"Hold on." He answered as he pulls out a small radio and placed it on the ground.

"This is a request from Billy Black to his true love. You are now listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions." The radio announcer said.

Billy moved to face me, his arms wrapping around me as my arms came to rest over his shoulders.

I smiled, my forehead resting on Billy's shoulder.

Billy kissed the side of my head, still smiling.

"I love you." Billy said as we swayed to the beat.

"I love you too." I said, leaned up, lightly kissing him.

"I never want this to end. Hehewuti, you are my world, my personal sun." He said.

"I haven't felt this right in... well, maybe ever." I said.

I smiled a little wider.

"I'm glad I found you that day." Billy said.

I looked up at the sky, my face falling a little and taking on a sadness.

"Billy, my father may return for me." I said, sadly.

"But you won't leave, right?" He asked.

"I can't disobey him." I answered.

"I won't let him take you from me." He said.

"Billy, I want you to promise me something." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"If my father returns for me, I want you to move on and be happy. Find a good girl that you can have a family with. Promise me, you will be happy without me." I answered.

"I can't promise you that, Hehewuti." He said.

"Yes, you can. I need to know that you will be happy without me, Billy." I said.

"I can't." He said.