X.

Chapter Ten | Father and his sons

"That foolish boy! I've given him everything and yet he disobeyed me and ran to his father

"That foolish boy! I've given him everything and yet he disobeyed me and ran to his father. It's time to wake Hehewuti up and let her deal with him." Q'waeti' said.

Q'waeti' goes to Hehewuti's room and waves his hand over her body. A few minutes later, Q'waeti' hears a gasp and looks down at Hehewuti and gives her a glass of water.

Hehewuti drinks it and once she finishes, she asks, "Where's my son?"

"Your son has phased." Q'waeti' answered.

"He's a wolf." Hehewuti said.

"Yes and he has gone to join his father in a war between newborn vampires and a coven that lives nearby." Q'waeti' said.

Hehewuti gasped and glared at her father.

"And you let him!" Hehewuti exclaimed.

"Hehewuti, the boy is just as stubborn as you." Q'waeti' said.

Hehewuti rolls her eyes.

"This war...what is it about?" Hehewuti asked.

"Apparently, a vampire fell for a human and killed another vampire's mate to protect the human and now the dead vampire's mate created an army of newborn vampires to get revenge for her dead mate which has caused several of the Quileute boys to phase." Q'waeti' answered.

"But why are the wolves joining the fight?" Hehewuti asked.

"Jacob, Billy's son claims to be in love with the human and is fighting to protect her." Q'waeti' replied, watching Hehewuti's facial expression.

"He moved on." Hehewuti whispered with a small smile on her face.

"Yes, but he is a widow with three children but only two live with him as the other moved to Hawaii. Now, Chaska has gone and joined them to fight against the newborn vampires so I suggest you get up and go get your son." Q'waeti' said.

Hehewuti started getting up.

"Once I find my son, we will not return." Hehewuti said.

"You will return but I will not force you. This place will always be your home. You both can live in both worlds with my blessing." Q'waeti' said.

"Are you truthful?" Hehewuti asked.

"Yes, now go before I change my mind." Q'waeti' answered.

"Thank you, father." Hehewuti said.

It had been three days since Hehewuti was awakened by her father and for the past three days, Hehewuti has been watching over her son and the pack. She did not let her presence be known.

She also did not see Billy but she did see his son who looked very similar to her son, Chaska, who was now going by the name of Chase.

It was finally the day of the battle. She had the feeling that someone was going to get hurt but she didn't know who. It annoyed her that she wouldn't be able to stop it from happening.