Twenty Seven

"How has school been?"

"It's been good actually, " You reply, " My last round of papers went well for me. I hope I get the marks I want."

The table was filled with all kinds of delicious food. It was such a pity that you had McDonald's earlier so really didn't have that much of a appetite. Your mom's amazingly bright big eyes stared into yours as she practically gave you the happy eyes to see you eating.

It was literally her favourite thing — watching the way your cheeks filled with food and just watching as you nom nom . Her heart combusted.

Jimin sat next to you. Eating peacefully— sometimes even giving you sneaky glances and you would blush heavily.

Fuck you.

You mentally curse him out and he just winks you.

"So Jimin — how is you and that girl of yours."Mr Park clears his throat and you almost choke on your saliva,"You haven't brought her in a while."

Jimin chokes on his non alcoholic wine and you suddenly feel uncomfortable. Jimin's Mom preached about no drinking—if only she knew how much Jimin loves alcohol. What had you shook was that this man never told his parents that him and her were done.

Why would he keep quiet about something like that?

You give him an expectant look , and he looks down at your eyes , he sees the disappointment flash through them and he immediately looks away.

The truth was that , she was the only girl that Jimin has ever brought home. He remembers how his mother preached about loving her so much. All he wanted was to keep his mother happy. Jimin didn't have the guts to tell his mom about the break up.

"Her and I ended last year," Jimin admits before clearing his throat and taking another sip of his wine.

You pick up your own glass and stare down at your empty plate while taking a sip of the sweet beverage.

"But I have someone new now," He says,"And in my opinion I think I upgraded."

What? You wanted to laugh. Tell everyone at this table that Jimin was kidding and that if anything you were a downgrade compared to her. She was fucking amazing and one of the most beautiful people you have ever met. She never seemed like she had insecurities and the girl tried her best to be the best version of yourself —and she was.

Then it dawns you. What if his parents aren't satisfied with you? Yes you guys grew up together — but there's always a what if.

"-when do we get to meet her?"

"You already have."

The table falls quiet and you could feel your heart sink to the pit of your stomach. The room suddenly got cold and you could feel goosebumps prickle your skin. Jimin allows a smirk to display on his face while you remain dead-still. His parents stare at him with attentive eyes and you immediately place your glass down on the table—just Incase your shaking hand decided to drop the glass.

Your Mom stares at him and they all wait expectantly.

It's almost as if they can hear your heartbeat.

"We have?" His brother quirks and at this moment you think you've died.

"Yeah,"He smiles before taking your hand that's closest to him and immediately interlocked your fingers,"She's right here."

You shut your eyes and waited for their reaction. It seemed as if time has stopped and it this moment—it could make or break your ...relationship? A loud squeal is heard and you open your eyes to stare at your mom as she opened her palm in front of the Park's

"Pay up!" She excitedly says.

Mrs Park rolls her eyes and watch them with confused eyes and she stands up and reaches to her back pocket and hands your Mother a good amount of money. You stare at Jimin for an explanation but he seems to be just as lost as you are.

"What is happening?"You whisper.

"When you guys were in 7th Grade Mom and Dad made a bet with your Mom that you guys will date," His brother shrugged," I guess your Mom won."

"Wait —Mom??"You look at her puzzled,"A bet?"

"Oh come on honey," She says while counting the money," I saw this coming from a mile away."

Jimin just nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders before placing his utensils down and rubs his belly in satisfaction. He gathers the dishes as he gets on his feet. You decide to help him clean the table — you watch as the adults take the wine bottle and walk towards the living room in loud chatters as they continued to talk more and more about this stupid bet.

You were in shock mostly. 7th Grade? How embarrassing. And the fact that your mom even remembers after all these years is absolutely insane.

"Oh before I forget," Jimin walks to your Mothers side of the table before making a 90 degree bow, your eyes widen as the next words that fumble out his mouth makes your heart trip up,"Do I have permission to take your daughter out on Wednesday?"

A sudden rush of warm fills your moms chest and she placed her hand over heart. Her eyes easily trail back to Mrs Park's eyes.

"You've raises him to well," She jokes,"Of course you can Jimin."

~

"A Bet?"You snort," Jimin — a bet?"

Jimin laughs lowly . His shirt was rolled up and his small hands washed the dishes diligently in the warm soapy water. As his done washing the plate — he places it in rinsing water before taking it out and leaving it to drip dry. You on the other hand sat on the kitchen counter as you tried to grasp what the hell happened tonight.

"Kitten, it's really not that shocking," He laughs," I actually thought that this would be a funny scenario. It's funnier that it's real."

You roll your eyes and lean back onto your forearms.

"So about the date..."

"I'm not telling you anything,"He snorts,"I've been planning this for a while now and nothing will ruin it."

"But what if I-"

"No."

"Or if I-"

"Nope."

"Maybe I'll just—"

"Forget it."

You instantly give up and a pout of disappointment falls on your features. Jimin drys his hands and turns around , getting comfortable in between your legs. You try and give him puppy eyes but he completely dismissed it as he gives you a small gentle kiss on your lips.

"I just hope you love it."

The same way I love you. He wanted to say it but he didn't. Your smile graces your face beautifully and it causes his heart to beat even harder against his rib cage. It was almost like a startling chant — screaming over and over in his head as his plump lips brushed passed yours once again.

I love you.