Chapter 1: Where It Began

It started one night when you were laying in bed, restlessly staring at the ceiling. When you heard this clattering coming from one of the emtpy bedrooms. It kept going on, and you would hear the occasional... grunt?

It was highly unlikely for someone to have broken in, but still possible. You grabbed the gun from your bed-side-table before throwing on a robe. You quietly opened your door, and walked down the hallway. The sound got louder and louder until there was no doubt that you were in front of the right room.

The door was cracked open. You peeked through the crack to see a kid about your age, maybe even a little bit older stabbing himself with an angel blade over and over again. The first thing that crossed your mind was how isn't he dead? then you came to the realization that this was a stranger in your house stabbing himself.

You threw the door open, and held your gun out in front of you. "Hands up!" You said sternly. He turned his head, and you saw his eyes glow yellow before he turned toward you with his hands up and the knife sticking out of his chest. "Holy crap. What the hell are you doing?!" You asked as you rushed to him, and looked at the bloody holes in his shirt.

But as you looked closer at his chest you couldn't find any sign of an entrance wound. Then he reached his arms down and pulled the blade out of himself only to have it heal right in front of your eyes. "W-What are you?" You asked with fear in your voice.

"Jack. Who are you?" He asked holding his hand out. You nodded slowly. "S-Sam?" You called. Your brothers both came rushing into the room. "Wha..." you breathed. "Y/N, we can explain." Sam said holding his hand out, and boy did they explain.

*Two Weeks Later*

Dean was on a hunt, and Sam was training Jack while you were in your room at your desk studying lore. You heard a knock at your door. "Yeah?" You asked still deeply focused on the book. The door opened slowly, and you turned around to see Jack walking in. He quickly but quietly closed the door, and plopped down on your bed.

"Hey.. Jack, Uh, you okay?" You asked as he stared at the floor. He sat there, slouched. You sighed, and sat next to him. "What's that?" You asked as you saw him holding something in his hand. He opened his hand to reveal a pencil. "I moved it.... no I didn't." He said sadly.

"Hey, I know this isn't fun b.." you started. "Yeah, it's not." He interrupted. "Okay, But I just have one question; why is it so hard? Sam and Dean told me that you've thrown people across the room, you've thrown Sam across a room. I mean..."

"It doesn't make sense... but it would... if I was evil." He looked up at you with hurt in his eyes. "Jack, you're not evil." You said placing a hand on his shoulder. "Dean thinks I am. He told me he would kill me." He said as tears filled his eyes. "Dean said what?" You asked in shock and anger.

"When I was with my mom she told me I had the choice to be good, but maybe Dean should just kill me. My mom is dead, and it's my fault. I've done so many bad things, and no matter how hard I try... I can't..." A tear rolled down his cheek, and he quickly wiped it away with the back of his hand.

"I can't move this stupid pencil. It's the one thing that someone wants me to do that's actually good, and... I can't do it!" He said squeezing the pencil so hard that it broke. "I'm evil." He whispered.

"Jack, your mom, Dean... it's not your fault. If all this happened to me, I'd be scared to use my powers too. I'll tell you what, I'm gonna..." suddenly, the sad Nephilim pulled you into a hug. "Jack! I've been looking everywhere for you." Your older brother said from the doorway, which made Jack pull away.

"Sorry, I'll be right out." He said with a smile. "Wait. Sam, Jack needs a break." You said looking over at his worried face. He nodded. "I know. I've been thinking, and maybe you should break out the movie case or something." He suggested. "Sure." You smiled.

*One Hour Later*

Jack had decided on a movie and asked you to stay with him. Jack was mesmerized, it was hilarious... and cute. "I still can't believe you haven't seen this yet." You giggled. "Well, Dean hasn't been that open to me hanging out with him and Sam." He said staring at the bed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." You said bashfully.

"It's okay. I'm actually having a really good time with you." He said brightening up. "Me too." You replied with a shy smile. You turned around when you heard the door creak open. "Hey, guys. Clone wars?" Sam asked. "It's a classic." You said in a duh tone.

"I don't like Anakin." Jack said as he paused the movie. Sam chuckled. "Yeah. Hey, Y/N, Dean's back." "Oh, good. I'll be back." You reassured Jack as he looked at you, longingly. You got off the bed, and Sam sat down. But you had something else on your mind.

You stormed into the kitchen where Dean was standing by the counter. "Dean!" You yelled approaching him. "Oh, hey." He replied. *smack* your hand connected with his face. He held his hand to his lip which was bleeding. "What the hell?!" "Yeah, Dean. What the hell? You told Jack that you were gonna kill him?!" You yelled.

"Y/N, he's Lucifer's son!" He yelled back. "So?! Are you stupid? He didn't ask for his father to be Lucifer." You argued. "Well, I didn't ask for you to slap me!" He said before licking the blood off of his lip. "You deserve it." You replied.

"You don't even understand! This? This, always ends bad." He yelled. "No it doesn't! Did I end bad?! No! Because I had the people I love and trust around me." You yelled back. "What are you talking about?" He asked disgusted.

"Hmm, I don't know, my mother?!" You yelled, shaking your head. Your mother, turns out she was about to kill you. You were only two. John(your dad) came in and saved you. She was later arrested for three counts of murder. Her ex-husband, her four year old daughter, and her three year old son.

"That's different!" He argued. "How? She had the choice to be bad, and she chose wrong. I could've followed in her footsteps, and I almost did! Remember when I wasn't in the right head place. I went to the prison. I was about to slit her throat. Remember?! But you and Sammy found me. You saved me. Why can't we save Jack?" You asked.

"You know what, Y/N? Stop pretending like you care about him!" "I do care about him!"
"Y/N!.... just... just go to your room." He said sternly. "Fine." You walked to the doorway, and stopped. "I thought you were better than this. I thought we were better than this, but maybe.... maybe we're just like the monsters we hunt."

You walked back to your room to see your laptop still open on the bed. Sam must've taken Jack back to his room. Yours was closer to the kitchen. Anyway, you sat on your bed, and stared at the ceiling. It was hard to understand why Dean hated Jack so much.

*Knock, knock, knock* "Go away, Dean." You said coldly. "It's me... uh, Jack." The voice said. "Oh, Uh, sorry Jack. I'm not really up for talking right now." You apologized. "I know. I just... it's kinda important." He said shyly.

"Okay, you can come in." You said sitting up. He walked in and quietly closed the door. "Hi." He said walking over to the bed. You smiled, and invited him to sit next to you. "What's up?" You asked. "I just wanted to know. Why are you being so nice to me?" He asked looking at you with those innocent eyes.

"Because I care about you, and I know what it's like to have a parent that has done horrible things in their life. I know what it's like to have be in between good and bad, and have everyone expect you to be bad." You replied. "Oh...... thank you." He said shyly.

"No problem." You smiled. "Hey, can I tell you something else?" He asked. "Of course. Anything." "I...I like you." He said nervously looking to the ground. "Aww, I like you too." You giggled. "But not like that. I like you more than a friend." He said looking to you. "Oh, I-I don't know what to say." You said looking at the floor.

"Would you want to get dinner sometime? Or-or lunch, or breakfast, it really doesn't matter.." he rambled. You laughed. "Yes. Yes, I would love to get dinner with you sometime. How about tomorrow?" You asked. "Really? I mean, yeah. Yeah, tomorrow's good." He smiled.

*3 Months Later*

Well, little do your brothers know, your relationship with Jack would get stronger and stronger. These past three months have been the best three months of your life. But the bad part is... Sam and Dean don't know anything.

🐾🥀I hope you like it! I'm going to try to have a new part out once a week. Probably every Saturday. If you want to read the next part early, follow me on Instagram! @nothing.ever.really.ends.spn 🥀🐾