Chapter 17: It's Perfect

"Okay, wait. Just, slow down," you said, watching as Jack continued to knock on various different objects around. "Jack. Jack, please," you said again, but he didn't even acknowledge you.

You walked toward him with passion. "Jack!" you yelled, grabbing him by the shoulders. He looked into your eyes with that familiar innocence you had been missing.

"Slow down, Sweetheart," you said softly. You took your shirt off, leaving you in an old tank top. You walked to one of the trees. "I picked this place, right? Well, then I can change it," you said before ripping a piece of bark off. It revealed the bare trunk, and you pressed your finger against it until you heard it pop. freshwater streamed from it, and you soaked your shirt.

You rung out the extra water, making your way back to Jack, and wiped the blood off his hands and face. "Okay. The Empty. Why is it after you?" you asked. "Because... I'm not supposed to be here. I'm not human," he replied with a sad look to the ground. "B-But you're human enough. Uh..." you trailed off, shaking your head.

"Forget it," you sighed. Jack nodded and went back to knocking around. Finally as he knocked on the side of the Impala, a hollowed, wood like noise came from the window. "I think this is our way out," he said, pulling the weather strip out. "Wait. Is this gonna take us back to where I was before you appeared. Like in Heaven?" you asked.

He furrowed him eyebrows and tilted his head. "Yes. Why?" he asked, confused. "It's just... Jack, your mom is there. I've been staying with her. I don't know why," you said shyly. "Of course! The soul is drawn to whoever it wants the most," he laughed, then took half a breath, going back to confused.

"But why would my mom be who you want the most?" he asked. "I guess, I just... I saw how sad you were. I wished that I could give you another chance to talk to her," you explained. He smiled softly before ripping the rest of the weather strip away, revealing a white light. He sighed, realizing that he was about to see his mom and leave her again.

You walked up behind him and grabbed his hand. "She loves you, you know?" you said softly. He nodded and led you out. The scene changed back to outside of the cabin. You both walked into the living room where Kelly sat on the couch. "Oh. Hi, Y/N. I thought you'd never get back," she smiled, but noticed Jack. Her face dropped, and she stood abruptly.

"Jack?" She breathed. He nodded, tears threatened to pour down his face as Kelly wrapped him in her warm embrace. "How are you... No..." she looked at him with sadness in her eyes. "No. No, I didn't die. Well, I kinda did, but I'm here on purpose," he grinned. Kelly's expression changed as she looked to you. "Oh, no. No, he didn't kill himself. Cass is taking care of him," you assured her.

She nodded and pulled him back into a tight hug. "I miss you so much, baby," she whispered in his ear. Suddenly, the light outside of the house started to flicker. It got bright and went back to normal multiple times.

You and Jack exchanged a glance. "What? What is it?" Kelly asked. "I... I have to go. We have to go, but you can come with us, right?" Jack asked. He turned toward you, a single tear streamed down his face because he knew the answer.

"Jack," you whispered, motioning for him to come to you. He made his way to you, weakly. "We burned her body. She'll be a ghost," you explained. "I-I don't care. I'll take care of her. I want to bring her back," he said sternly. You nodded. "I know, but at some point she'll turn vengeful and be miserable. This is Heaven, honey. It can't get any better for her than this," you told him, holding back tears of your own.

He turned back to his mom and took a shaky breath. "I'm sorry, Mom." His voice caught in his throat. "I know. I know, baby. Everything's gonna be okay," she comforted him.

"This is all my fault. If I wasn't born..." he started. "Shh. Don't say that. You have two babies at home, waiting for you, Jack. You have a beautiful and... intelligent, and caring girl who loves you to death," she told him.

The sun flickered again, and the ground began to rumble. "You need to go. I love you," she sniffled. He nodded. You looked behind you and saw a black goo seeping in through one of the windows.

"Jack," you said, pointing at the goo. "Now, honey." He nodded, and you both searched for something in the cabin that looked out of place. You saw a gold flower on the leg of the table.

It was the only one. You touched the center of it, and a closet door opened, revealing a bright white light. Jack stared into the light, blankly. You grabbed his hand. "Thank you, Kelly. For everything," you said. She nodded. "I'll be here, waiting for you, Jack. I'll be waiting for all of you." Before he could respond, the goo started flooding the room, and you pulled him through the door. Everything went black.

Your eyes shot open, and you took a sharp breath. You sat up, coughing. "Y/N," Sam said, placing a hand on your back.  "Well, I'll be damned," Dean chuckled. You looked to your side.

Jack slowly sat up. His facial expression was unreadable, but you knew he was devastated. You Immediately wrapped your arms around him, and he completely broke down.

"Shh, hey. Hey, everything's gonna be okay. I got you," you comforted him. You sat there for a while, holding him there, but you heard some cooing noises. You both looked up to see Sam and Cass each holding a baby.

They handed one to you and one to Jack. "He looks like her," Jack said softly, letting the baby holding his finger. "Hey, guys? Could you give us a second?" you asked. "Yeah. Yeah. Hey, we're glad you're back. We really missed you while you were gone," Sam said. "Me too," you replied with a smile. "Hey, and don't do that. Like ever. Again," Dean said, frankly. You laughed. "Yeah. Not planning to anytime soon."

Sam sighed, and with that, they left. "I've been thinking about names," you said as you leaned your head on Jack's shoulder. "For our daughter... It's so weird to say that with her actually here in my arms. Anyways, I was thinking... what do you think about... Kelly?" you asked, carefully. He didn't say anything for a second. He just stared at her.

"I mean, we don't have to. I have a bunch of different names; M-Mary, Charlie, Millie..." you listed names nervously, unsure if you went too far. "I-I love it," he said. "Good. Good, and for him... Henry. After my grandfather," you went on. "Henry and Kelly. It's perfect."

You smiled. You looked into each other's eyes. Jack lifted your face with his finger and brought his lips to yours. You felt like this was it. And you were okay with that.

Suddenly the door flew open. You both looked and saw nothing. "Hello? Sam? Dean?" You heard the clunk of boots against the floor. "Guess again." Jack looked toward the man and his face changed completely. "Lucifer."

*Uh oh!! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @nothing.ever.really.ends.spn and I'll see you next Saturday!*