Chapter 3: Are You Sure It's Just a Stomach Bug?

*2 1/2 months earlier*

"Jack?" You asked laying on the hood of Baby, looking up at the night sky. "Yes?" He replied. "Do you ever think about what's going to happen? Like is all this worth it?" You turned your head to him. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't know. Stupid question, I guess." You sighed. "Hey, Look at that! I think it's the Big Dipper!" Jack exclaimed. You giggled, and looked back to the stars. "Yeah." You breathed. "So, Uh, what were you saying?" He asked. "N-Nothing." You shook your head to shake the thought out.

"Come one, Y/N. You can tell me... anything." He said with optimism in his eyes. "I know, it's just... do you think all this is worth it?" You asked. "All what?" He retorted. "This." You emphasized. You sat up and looked at the reflection of the sky in the hood of the car.

"The hunting, the 'saving the world' crap. I mean, we're all gonna die, right? So what's the point in 'The Family Business'?" You went on. "Well... huh, good question." He replied. "Maybe we should just go." You suggested, swinging your legs to the side.

Jack caught your arm. You looked back at him. "Wait. Something that Castiel taught me. He said that what we do now is what counts, and everything after that is up to the next set of hunters. We just do what we can, you know?" He explained. "Cass...." You chuckled.

"He's right, you know." Jack smiled pulling you back down. Your foreheads were touched together like you had seen in the movies and read in the books, but you never thought it would happen to you. You never thought you'd be the one to fall in love someday.

"I know... what do you think the next hunters will be like?" You asked. He turned his head back up to the sky to think for a second. "Us." He replied quite frankly. "U-Us?" You stuttered. He nodded. "How so?" You wondered. "I imagine a little boy who has your eyes, full of wonder. And brave. I imagine a little girl who has your beautiful face, but my eyes, and of course your stunning personality. Oh! She'll have your wit." He explained. You couldn't help but smile.

"Ours?" You asked. "Of course!" He replied. "But that's not even the best of it." He laughed. All of his excitement made you feel like you were floating on cloud nine. "What's the best part?" You egged him on. "Well, you. You're gonna be the best mom ever."

"Wow. You've really thought about this, huh?" You said with a smile. You had only been dating for a month and a half, but you've been cheated on, hit, criticized, lied to, but that's just part of being on the move every few weeks, right? But that all changed when you met Jack. He put you first, and you put him first. He likes you for you and nothing else.

Which is great and all, but your brothers still don't know. Dean would have an absolute cow. And because of Sam's loyalty, he would definitely tell him. It's a mess. You checked the time. "Oh, crap." You whispered pulling yourself up. "What?" Jack asked following your lead.

"I just need to call Sam and Dean." You said pulling your phone out. They sent you two out to get groceries, and had this rule that you had to call every hour or they would turn on your tracking device. Just then your phone began to ring. "Hello?" You answered.

"Hey. Dean just wanted me to check in." Sam's muffled voice came over the phone. "Yeah. We'll be there in a few." You said before hanging up. "Anyways, where were we?" You asked.

"Here." He put his hand to your face, and pulled you in for a kiss. You kissed him back, letting your arms sit on his shoulders. The kisses weren't constant yet. You would pull back, he would come back in, he would pull back, you would come back in. You let your forehead rest on his as you took in the moment.

"I-I think I'm in love with you." Jack admitted. You knew, though. And you think you might be in love with him too. You pulled his head back to your lips. He smiled against your mouth, which made you smile back. "What?" You giggled. "Shouldn't we go?... Not that I want to." He said.

You checked the time. "Well, I did say we'd be back in a few, but we still have forty-five minutes until they call again." You said mischievously. Jack grinned. "Come on." You motioned with your head. You grabbed his hand and led him to the back seat. You could say things... escalated.

*Current Time*

"Jack." You whispered underneath your breath. You blinked awake, the light too bright to not be squinting. You heard one of your brother's loud boots hitting the floor. "We need a Doctor!" Dean yelled out the door. You pushed yourself up in the bed. "Woah, hey, take it easy." Sam said taking your hand.

"Where's Jack?" You asked. "He's coming in. He said it was too hard to see you like this, so he sat on the bench across the hallway." He replied. "Y/N, how are you feeling?" The Nephilim asked as he sat at the side of your bed. "I'm okay. When can I leave?" You asked.

"As soon as I'm finished explaining your situation." A doctor said cheerily as she walked in. Situation. That word is scary. "Hey, nothing serious, don't worry." She winked at you. "Okay, so there was a little dehydration. Are you really active?" She asked.

"Yes." You answered. Hunting wears down on you. "Okay. I'm going to go get a nurse to unhook you and discharge you, but you need to be drinking lots of water." She smiled. "Thanks." You said before she left. Dehydration? After all that, it's dehydration? She didn't even talk to you.

*The rest of the day was pretty lazy, so I'll skip ahead to two mornings later.*

You woke up to this overwhelming feeling of nausea. Everything was fine yesterday and the day before. You shot up from the bed, and ran to the bathroom. "Y/N?" You heard Jack's voice. You had spent the night in his room. You reached the toilet and all the contents of last night's dinner came up, painfully.

Jack knocked on the door, which you had locked. You coughed. "Just a second." You told him. "Are you okay? Y/N, please let me in." He begged. "Jack, you don't want to see this." You warned. You heard the lock click, and in he came. "It hurts." You broke down. "I know." He comforted holding your hair back.

After you were done he led you back to your room so that the boys wouldn't suspect anything. "I'll get you some water." Jack said after he tucked you into your bed. He walked into the kitchen where the boys were both at the table, Sam reading a lore book, Dean reading a newspaper.

He walked to the cabinet, and stood on his tippy toes to try and reach your favorite mug from the top shelf. "Jack?" Dean asked startling him. He smiled nervously. "Do you need help?" He asked. "No. Just... do you know where a stool is?" Jack said with his hands behind his back.

Dean pointed to a stool by the doorway. "Thanks." Jack said before grabbing it. Finally he got the mug, and filled it with water. Just as he was about to leave the kitchen Dean stopped him again. "Jack?" He said again. "Y-Yeah?" He said nervously. "Where are you taking that?"

"Uh... To Y/N... the doctor said to keep her hydrated." He said before rushing back to your room. "Y/N?" He asked seeing that you weren't in your bed. "Just a second!" You yelled from the bathroom. You wiped your mouth with some toilet paper, and got back into bed.

"This stomach bug is horrible." You said before taking a sip of your water. "Are you sure it's a stomach bug?" Jack asked. You gave him a questioning face. "I mean, what else would it be?" You asked. "I don't know, Y/N, we've been together for three months. I just..." he started. "What are you suggesting?" You asked. He shrugged. "Jack, I'm fine. I get the stomach bug once a year anyways. Just ask Sam and Dean." You smiled, if he was suggesting what you think he was suggesting...

"Okay." He nodded.

🐾🥀I'm so sorry for not posting this last Saturday. To make up for it, I'm going to post part 4 as well!🥀😂