02

Kartier Grant

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Yo, why that Spanish cop, Diaz, tryna pay people to rat on you." Cam told me.

I sucked my teeth. "Man, what? How you know, he tried to pay you?"

"The jawn Breasia told me." He said. "He tried to pay her cousin to say that you was the shooter but she didn't."

"That nigga been on my ass since he walked in on me fucking his daughter." I said. "Watch out shorty." I said as I pulled my dick out of the girl mouth, then tucked it back in my pants. The head was trash.

"I wonder how much he was gon give the jawn." Cam said.

"Probably was gon give her a lot." I said as I watched the girl get her shoes on. "They know the rules about snitching in the streets. So they wouldn't give her a little bit of money to snitch."

"Shorty was across the street when the whole thing happened, she had to have seen it." Cam said.

"Wait, Breasia cousin is that brown skin jawn that work in that footlocker?" I asked.

"I don't know." He said.

"Probably is." I said thinking about it. "Diaz def was talking to her. She a good jawn. The rest of these bitches would've pointed me the fuck out for some cash."

"She don't need that money, she getting foot locker checks." Cam said. "Shit, let them give me 10k. Ima 6ix9ine niggas." He said laughing.

"And that's the day we stop being brothers bitch." I laughed at him.

"Aight bro, ima fuck with you." He said laughing.

"Aight, love you, be safe." I said.

"Love you too, say out the way." He said before hanging up.

"Call me later." The girl who was topping me said.

"Mhm." I nodded before walking out of the bando after her.

I walked around to the block to see who was out there.

"Yo, big homie." I walked up to him and dapped him up.

"You on nut shit again." Big homie said.

"How?" I asked.

"I know you was the one that did it." He told me. "You got them niggas mad."

"Oh well, let them niggas be mad." I shrugged my shoulders.

"We just settled that shit not too long ago" He complained. "Now it's started up again."

"Cody caught that nigga tryna sneak in the bando. Then he came 'round here, talking all crazy, he swung on ya lil bruva so we jumped him. Then he tried to pull his gat out so I popped him." I explained.

"Should've beat that nigga unconscious, not shoot him." He said. "But I get where you coming from."

"Hol up, homie." I said as I spotted the jawn Breasia cousin.

I crossed the street and walked up next to her. I grabbed her arm to get her attention.

She looked up at me with the meanest mug.

"How you doing?" I asked.

"I'm cool." She mumbles as she kept walking. I walked right next to her.

"Where we about to go?" I asked.

"I'm going home." She put emphasis on I'm.

"Why you acting so mean?" I asked.

"I'm not acting mean." She said.

"I'm Karti, what ya name is?" I asked her.

"Kay." She shrugged.

"Kay what?"

"Just kay." She said.

"So ya mama named you Kay?" I asked.

"Ya mama named you Karti?" She asked.

I chuckled. "My mama named me Kartier"

"Mine named me Kayla." She said.

"How old is you?" He asked.

"17." She said.

"Oh damn, you a baby." I said.

"Mhm." She raised an eyebrow. "How old are you?"

"19." I said causing her to suck her teeth. "Ima be 20 soon though."

"Oh, that's nice." She started to turn the volume of her music up.

"Hold up yo, take my number." I told her.

"But you just said—" She started to speak. "Nevermind."

I gave her my number before I turned around and headed back to the block.