24

First of all, I want yall to know I appreciate y'all sm🥺. I literally sit here and read every comment and it makes my day. I never really expected so many people to read this book& it blows my mind that it has over 100k reads🤯.

two days later
Kayla Reign Paxton

My heart felt heavy as we were at a candle light for Cameron. The block was filled with his family, friends and police.

I looked around for Cody because I knew this was hurting him but he wasn't really showing it. He's not allowing himself to mourn because he's too busy trying to be strong for everyone else. But keeping all of your emotions inside isn't good at all.

"Babe, I'm going to go check on Cody." I told Karti.

He nodded as he continued to console Cameron's mother who was balling her eyes out.

I walked off and found him by himself, smoking.

"Hey." I said. "Are you ok?"

"I'm straight." He lied as he put the blunt out.

I sighed. "Cody you ain't gotta lie to me."

"I'm straight." He said again.

"Look me in my eyes and tell me you straight." I said but he wouldn't do it. I got closer to him and hugged him tight.

"I understand that you're trying to be strong and be there for everybody, but it's ok to cry." I told him. "You gotta let that out."

He stood and stared off into the distance. "This shit hurts Kay." He said as he finally broke down.

"It's gonna be okay." I said rubbing his back as he let it all out. "I got you."

After he let it all out he let me go. "Come on." I told him as I lead him in the direction of everyone else.

"So what was all that shit you was saying?" Dani walked up to me.

Is this bitch deadass right now? "Bitch you deadass right now?" I asked in pure disbelief.

"I told you when I see you you're getting touched." Dani said. "So wassup?"

"Bitch this ain't the time nor the place to be fucking fighting." I said. "Ya nigga just got killed and you worried about me? You need fucking help."

"Dani I'ma ask you this one time and one time only. Please leave." Cody spoke up.

"I'm not going no where." She said as she stood there.

"You lucky I was raised right because if I wasn't you would be seeing fucking stars right now." Cody said.

"I ain't ever met a bitch who wanted to get her ass whooped so bad." I said.

"So fight me." She said.

"Out of respect for Cameron, I won't put my hands on you right now. But if you ever walk up on me with that tough shit again, I swear to god you gon regret ever trying me." I said. "Come on Cody."