Chapter One

"Whenever I watch these waves hitting the shore, the sounds that they echo, they remind me of the days we spent together. Our dream to be together, forever. Our promise to protect each other no matter what. But I failed. I couldn't protect you, Rune. I am sorry. I am sorry, Rune. Please forgive me."

Type was standing on their favorite spot on the beach, crying, missing Rune more than anything. There's nothing he could do to get him back. They had been friends ever since he knew what friendship meant. Rune was everything to him. After his parent's death, he was taken in by Type's parents. Rune was his father's attorney's son. Type and Rune's fathers were childhood friends. They were always inseparable. Type always thought Rune was cute and cuddly and needed his support. Because the other big kids would torment him. Type always said, he would marry Rune one day so that he could protect him. Little did he know that Rune would outgrow Type and propose him. They had been together forever and for Type, his life was meaningless without Rune. He kept crying standing on the beach.

His father always kept a watch on him, fearing Type would try to take his life again. Having lost Rune had devastated him to the point of no return. They contacted several doctors, but they received only one information that Type has lost his will to live. Several days he has wept looking at his son from afar, had he known his son would become like this, he would never have let them go. It's been two years now, yet Type has not recovered from the loss. He has however stopped trying to commit suicide but has given up on everything else. His best friend Techno often visited him.

One day Techno asked Type to move out from his parent's house to a new place, a new air to breathe. With his parents and Techno insisting, Type agreed to go to Techno's house for few days. He went to pack his bag when Type's father spoke to Techno.

"Techno, take care of my son will you. I am worried about him. I have only one son now and his happiness is everything for me. If he can move on, I would be the happiest person alive."

"Don't worry uncle. I will take care of him. I already told you that someone is interested in Type. Type was with Rune then, so he did not try. Now, when he already knows what Type is going through, he wants to help him. He is a nice fellow."

"Yes, yes. I have met him. He is indeed a good boy. But ask him to have patience with Type. My son is not in the right state of mind currently."

"He knows uncle. He has always liked Type. And I will be there with him too. Trust me."

Type came out with his bag packed. His mother had also brought in some edibles that she managed to pack in short time. It was time to go. His parents were teary when Type was ready to leave. He kissed his mother good bye and hugged his father.

"Dad, I will be fine. Don't worry."

His dad held his shoulders and smiled. Controlling his emotions, he said, "Son, we get only one life. We should learn to live it the fullest. What we have in the past are beautiful memories. Don't let them stop you from moving ahead. There's a long journey ahead. Try to live it, my son. For me, for your mother, for your friends, and most importantly, for yourself."

Type smiled, "I will try, dad."

His father nodded, looked last time at his son and bid him goodbye.

They reached Techno's house. He showed Type his room and asked him to freshen up. They would be going out for dinner.

Techno took Type to PJeed's bar where all his friends had gathered. There was going to be a special artist playing that night. The pianist, they say, was a sight to see. He was an accomplished singer and pianist. Customers from far off would come only to hear him play and sing. Whenever he played, PJeed would be the richest bar owner.