Chapter Fifteen 18+

Type was still processing what he heard from Thorn just now. There might be chances that Kale would do something unexpected and soon. He was worried that unlike Thorn's assumption, Kale might actually avenge soon than lay low due to Thorn being there. If indeed he was after Thorn, Kale would not halt here. Type was standing in the balcony trying to figure out what needed to be done. His thoughts wandered back to when he and Rune had fight with those goons in the bar. He had never seen them there before. After Rune, he did not want to lose Tharn too.

He turned back and Saw Thorn consoling Tharn. He did not want to disturb the brotherly moment so he stepped out in the balcony. Going back to the time when he save Tharn, he had seen him scared like a cornered mouse. Yet, having gone through so much, Tharn still fought back. Type admired that spirit in him. So Tharn had liked him for such a long time. A smile was plastered on his face when he remembered the soft peck Tharn had placed on his cheeks that night. He looked very cute then, someone whom Type would have protective instincts for. Even though he could not keep his promise for Rune, he wanted to keep it for Tharn. Even if it meant to take Tharn away from this place where they could leave peacefully. But he knew that no matter where they went, Kale would follow. Therefore, he first needed to get rid of Kale.

Type received a call from Champ.

"Hey Type. I need to tell you something." Champ seemed worried.

"Yes, Champ. What is it?" Type could sense worry in Champ's voice.

"I was in a bar near this red area. I saw Kale here. So I followed him. He was sitting with a police officer. I think he was bribing him. They were talking about a murder that happened two years ago."

Champ went quiet suddenly. Type could feel chills running through his spine. He could sense there was more and somehow was related.

"Champ!" Type called out.

"Type...don't panic please...I think you understood what I am implying." Champ said.

"Champ, I need to know everything." Type insisted. His voice was trembling and he was angry.

Champ sighed. "It was you and Rune, Type. I didn't get the particulars, but Kale was talking about revenge. That it was left undone as you came back alive. It was not as he had planned. But this time, you need to go."

"Type, I am worried about you. Should I call police and inform them about this?" Champ asked.

Type was stunned. "No." He was quiet. Very quiet. "Did he disclose his plan?" He asked after a while.

"Not precisely. But he was talking about extortion. He was walking about the brothers that he needed to separate, an unfinished task which his mother had given him long back. Type he's bribing the police officer and I don't think we can expect much help from them. Whatever this guy is planning is big, Type. Why does he want to hurt you?" Champ asked.

Type recollected what Thorn said. Even if he murders them, he still won't become the owner of the company. Then what? Does he intend to blackmail? Then remembered the look he gave to Tharn before leaving. And Tharn having a soft heart for him. Was he successful in getting through Tharn's reasoning? Was he able to affect him emotionally. Even after Thorn's explanation, Tharn was worried about Kale. It was evident. Did Tharn somewhere like him too? Type had so many questions running in his head. He needed answers and only Tharn would be able to provide them. But furthermore, why was Kale after him and Rune? What wrong did they do to him? What exactly happened?

Type was getting confused over and over again. He informed Champ that he will talk to him later and cut the call. He was angry. Very angry. But he needed to collect himself before he could act. He was lost in a thought when Thorn came up to him. He placed his hand on Type's shoulder which startled him.