Chapter Thirteen

Type was sitting on Tharn's lap. Tharn was nuzzling on to Type's neck, being a lovesick.

"I've missed you so much." Tharn said.

"It was just three days na Tharn. Don't be such a cry baby." Type teased him. Though the pain was equal on both the sides, Type tried to put up a heroic façade.

Tharn looked at him and pouted. "Three days...I don't want to be away from you for three seconds..."

Type smiled. He lifted his faced and kissed on his forehead. "I am not going anywhere. I will always be by your side."

Tharn relaxed. However, the incident from evening was still fresh. He was pondering whether he should tell Type about Kale or not. He didn't want to bother Type, but him not knowing about it might create a problem between them, and Type should be prepared in case Kale comes up some attack. He sighed. A long sigh.

Type was still waiting for him to speak up. He knew everything, yet he was Tharn a chance to tell him everything. If there was anything that's most important for Type in a relationship, that was honesty. He doesn't like hiding things between couples. They are a power-pack together. If one person fails, the relationship fails.

"Type...I want to tell you something." Tharn mustered courage to speak up.

Type nodded.

Tharn closed his eyes thinking where to start. "You remember I told you about my step brother." Type affirmed. "After divorce, they were reduced to poverty. His mother was a spendthrift. She outspent her income. Apparently, they had really tough time surviving. Kale had to opt for thieving for earnings. One night, when I was back home, he came to my room stealthily. Since he lived there, he knows all the shortcuts. He sat next to my bed and cried. He kept calling my name and begged for forgiveness. I was startled with the sounds. When I woke up, I saw him sitting there and crying. I was scared. I thought of calling dad, but he shut my mouth and asked to not report him. He only wanted to see me and apologize. He said his mom was sick. He needed money for her medicines. I didn't believe him, but he kept begging over and over. So I gave him my allowance for that month. He thanked me and promised he would not bother me again." Tharn stopped there. Tears rolling from his eyes.

"...then?" Type asked.

"Then...he came back frequently. I'd bring him some leftovers, he'd eat, pack some for his mom and leave. This happened many times. One day he got caught by P Thorn. He was entering my room by P Thorn saw a shadow jump inside my window. He came up and saw Kale there. He was very angry, he beat him up. The entire house was up. My dad and the servants. They threw him out. Dad warned him they'd call police if he came back. I could see disappointment in his eyes. I was worried he'd do something."

Tharn tightened his grip around Type's waist. Tears were rolling down his eyes.

"For few days everything was quiet. But that night, he came again. Thanya had come down for her vacation. Kale knew. He came first to my room, apologized again and left. I was awake but didn't open my eyes. When he left, I thought that was it? But later I found that he planned to kidnap Thanya. He needed money. His mom was in hospital. He needed to pay bills. Apparently, P Thorn was always on alert mode after he saw Kale coming to the house. When he heard sounds, he found Kale entering Thanya's room. He lost it. He immediately called police and Kale was beaten and taken away. He was sentenced to jail for six months. He begged for money, crying. He held on to me, "Tharn, tell them I mean no harm. Please Tharn. I need money for my mom. Please... Tharn... I beg you..." P Thorn tore him away from me. I was trembling. I could still hear his cries, loud, begging for money. Next day, my dad visited the hospital. He found that she died that night. He couldn't do anything."

"After that incident, Kale never showed up. We got to know from the jail authorities that Kale had been very quiet for those months. He would not talk to anyone. Initially he cried a lot. Then suddenly stopped. They were suspicious of what was going on his head. But he remained quiet. They only heard him on his last day, when he thanked them, finished all formalities. We heard that he'd been lying low. After a while, they stopped keeping a tab on him."

"Did he change after that?" Type asked.

Tharn shook his head in denial. "He joined a mafia. He'd sell drugs, lure women into prostitution, beat and kill people for money. He became reckless. But he kept his distance from us. So we thought it was over."

"Until he started to contact you again?" Type asked.

Tharn looked up to him and nodded. "He made investigation about us. He knows everything. He knows about you. That I am in a relationship with the person who helped me out that night. I am afraid he will come after you, to avenge me."

Type sighed. "Shouldn't you report this to police?" Type asked.

"I have already. But he is now part of the mafia. It will be difficult to trace him down." Tharn replied.

Type thought for a while. He then nodded. He lifted Tharn's face.

"Don't worry. It will be fine." He tried to pacify Tharn, but his heart was racing fast. He had to do something. No's wedding is nearing and going by what Tharn said, Kale might have planned something. His coming here and having a spat with Tharn was no coincident. There is more to it. But he needs to figure it out.

When Tharn was asleep, he called No.

"Hey Type. Is everything okay?" No asked.

Type sighed. "He was here No. They had a quarrel." No was quiet.

"I was expecting it. Since he saw you were with us, he took the chance to meet him." No said.

"Yeah. Tharn told me everything. We need to be prepared, No. Tharn has suffered a lot already." Type answered.

There was silence.

"Kla and Nic have got the info you needed." No answered.

"Good" Type smirked. He hung up the call, went back to Tharn. He lay against him, taking in everything he could see, nestled close to him and slept.