Chapter Three

Type kept moving back and forth in front of the main door, uneasy with anticipation. To avoid Techno's teasing glances, he behaved as though Tharn not being there yet did not bother him. Techno was glad with the progress. Type needed this. It's been long he had seen such expressions on his face. It was a good development. Type realised that he could not decieve Techno anymore, so he went to the kitchen to help him prepare the dishes without losing the chance to glance at the door.

The door bell rang and Kla went to open it. There were greetings exchanged and loud laughter could be heard. Type was becoming restless. He was helping in the kitchen, but his attention was on the footsteps. When they closed in, Type realised that the laughter belonged to Technic and his boyfriend Tay. Technic wanted to meet Type, to see how he was doing. Though Type was Techno's friend, Technic and Type shared a brotherly bond.

"P Type! How are you doing? It's been long." Technic exclaimed.

"Hi Nic. I am good. How are you doing and Tay?"

"Good ah P. All is good." Nic smiled.

They talked and joked about various things. It was time and No called everyone for dinner. Type got up unwillingly. Why had Tharn not showed up? He couldn't ask No because he didn't get the information directly from him, he overheard it. What if he heard it wrong? He couldn't do anything. He was disappointed. However, since both the brothers and their boyfriends were here, he should show some respect towards their hospitality and be in the moment.

He enjoyed being there, yet his mind was occupied with someone else's absence. For the first time in two years he wasn't uncomfortable in front of the couples, he was not getting depressed, he was just happy in the happiness of his best friend and his family. He was progressing too soon. If this was because of Tharn, should he really be dependent on him? Won't this break him if anything happens again? How will he collect himself if things go wrong? No, he has to learn to be independent. He was scared and was lost in his thoughts. He did not realise when somebody came and sat in the chair next to him. That somebody he was waiting for impatiently.

Tharn realised something was bothering Type again.

"Hey Type, are you okay?"

Hearing the voice, Type looked up and saw Tharn looking at him with concern. Tears were welling up and he saw the rest looking at him as well. He turned towards Tharn again and a tear rolled down. He excused himself and left to stand outside in the front yard. He was crying, but this time it wasn't due to Rune, but because of the changes that overcame him which were too sudden. Due to Tharn. It was overwhelming and scaring him. The man he was waiting for came, sat next to him, spoke to him and yet he couldn't respond.

Type tried to control his emotions and not let it ruin the moment. His friends were happy and he did not want to spoil the dinner time. The man he waited for was there. He had not misheard it. Why did he just ignore him like that? Tharn was concerned about him. It was visible in his eyes. They all were. He cannot keep doing this. Type didn't realise that Tharn was standing behind him watching.

"Would you accompany me for a walk after dinner?" Tharn asked.

Type turned around. Tharn was standing with his hands in the pocket with a look of being rejected and making a puppy face. Type couldn't stop himself from laughing. He shook his head in amusement. How can a big man like Tharn manage to look like a baby?

"Okay." He nodded.

Type then continued, "I am sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to bother everyone."

Tharn then walked to him looking in his eyes, "You did scare me, Type."

Type nodded. They then went inside and Type apologized to everyone and assured them that he was fine. They continued with dinner. Techno talked about their college days, his football game, his captaincy.