Night Swim |Calum Hood|

Intelligence is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Wow that's good,I need to write that down. I reached over to the table and grabbed my notebook. I scribbled that down as fast as I could before anyone noticed."Oh the notebooks out again." Ashton said. "What do you even right in there?""Stuff." I answered."Wow so much detail." Michael spoke sarcastically."Answer the question.""Alright,alright. Um ideas,poems,random thoughts,quotes,observations,production notes.""Damn I thought she was going to say it was her diary." Luke bowed his head in disappointment."I though it was her diary too,we're not even aloud to look at that thing." Ashton agreed."That's right." I nodded my head."Alianna,come on,ten years you've been doing this and-""I'm not letting you see it if that's what you're asking.""Do you have any idea how sketchy that sounds?""Enlighten me Ash.""Well it makes me wonder what's in there that she doesn't want us to see,right boys?" The three boys agreed in unison."Well do you want to know why?""Enlighten us Ana." Calum said."If I let you see my notebook it be like you're in my head reading my thoughts and that's the last place I want any of you.""If you don't want us reading your thoughts then why write them down?" Michael asked."I like writing things down and I'd be a horrible producer if I didn't write things down. I have to keep track of a lot of stuff.""But you keep track of everything." I had no response to that other than a shoulder srug. I could tell Ashton was giving up on finding out what's I write in this notebook,for now at least. This happens everyday."Michael I need you for the bridge." I said continuing what we're supposed to be doing,which is making music. I've produced and mixed almost every 5SOS song since their first day in a professional studio and right now,we're working on the debut album. This is big because this is the most important thing as far as music comes in every artist career.

If your debut flops then you better hope you can pull out a hit single after that or your label might drop you. It's extremely unusual to have one producer do most of one artist music but the boys seem to like my work,they keep asking me to do their music. I don't mind,the studio with 5SOS is an interesting place filled with jokes,music,laughter,and a bit of nudity. Working with them is a never ending giggle feast,more so now since we're trying to make this album on their American tour. Ashton's mom and my mom have been best friends since Uni so we grew up together and when he told me about this band thing three years ago we've been working together ever since.All my colleges say being on tour brings some of the most fun they've ever had,so when I was invited to tour and make this album,naturally I couldn't wait. "Good Michael thank you. Calum,Luke,and Ashton I need some claps.""How do you want us to clap?" Calum asked. I clapped three times in demonstration."Clap after oh." I started the track,it doesn't have a final name yet. The que came for them to clap but it was all out of whack and off beat. We laughed,how on earth did they screw that up. "Let's try that again." I started the unnamed track again. "This is it then we can go to bed.""If you fuck this up again,I might kill you." Michael warned."Oh no Papa Smurf needs his beauty rest." Ashton joked referring to Michaels blue hair."Wasn't Papa Smurf like 300 years old?" Luke questioned."Yeah I think he was,so you've had enough sleep Michael." Calum added."Papa Smurf looks great for a 300 year old,don't you think." Ashton said."Yeah he doesn't look a day over 60." Luke agreed. I laughed.

Leave it to these three to have a serous conversation about Papa Smurf."I hate you guys." Michael said. The amount of times that's been said though this album making journey is ridiculous. When I pointed that out once Ash said I should keep track of how many times they say it. I added a tally mark to my notebook."How many are we at now Ana?" Calum asked."5-10.....56. Keep it up at this pace and we'll be breaking 100 in no time.""No that's not good.""Papa Smurf here is the worst offender." I told them."What!?" The blue haired boy exclaimed. "I get grumpy when I'm tired.""Then you must always be tired." I said to him."Burnnn." Calum cheered."Guys please just clap already before you have to carry me out here.""Um no Papa Smurf you know the rules,if you fall asleep here,that's all on you." I reminded him."But you guys wouldn't just leave me here right?""We're supposed to be clapping right?" Luke said quickly changing the subject."If somebody calls me Papa Smurf one more time." It suddenly got quite."Papa Smurf." Calum and I said at the same time before bursting out in laughed. Michael charged towards me. I knew he wasn't going to do anything but I played along."Wait Michael if you kill me you don't have a complete album.""Good point....Calum.""Bro if you kill me this band won't have a bassist." He paused."I can live with that." Ashton,Luke and I laughed.