Happy Birthday~(Steve Rogers)

WARNING: Nothing but Steve being an absolute sweetheart.

You stirred softly in you're sleep, it was your birthday today. You opened your eyes softly and sighed. It's not that you didn't like it, Tony just threw a party...Everytime. You sat up in bed with a little yawn as you rubbed your eyes. You got up and went to the bathroom, starting your daily routine.

You left the bathroom to get some clothes on. You hear a knock on the door and your head perks up as you get done with dressing yourself. You walk to the door and immediately smile up at the beautiful blonde man with ocean blue eyes that you have had a crush on since the day you met him...little did you know, he liked you too.  There would be times when tension grew between you two, sending little flirty glances towards each other. Really, if anyone brought up you two just getting together already, you two would dismiss the subject.

"Hi Stevie!" You say with a bright smile. "Hey Y/N.. happy birthday doll, I got you something." he says with a happy smile. He hands you a box and you smile softly. "I gotta go for a run with Sam, I'll...catch you later?" he says with a raised eyebrow. You nod "See ya later, Rogers." You tease. He nods and heads off down the hall. You close your door and plop down on your bed.

You open the box, to find a little locket. You smile softly and open the locket to find your favorite flower. It's flattened so it fits perfectly into the little necklace. Your stomach swarms with butterflies, the fact he would remember the simplest details about you...makes you, fall even deeper in love with the man.

Later that day, your getting ready for the party Tony throws on everyone's birthday. Absolute strangers, one of these days you just wanted to stay on the couch..and hang out with the team. You sighed as you looked into the mirror with you're blue dress that fits you perfectly. You smiled as you adjusted the locket around your neck. You walk down to the party where most people are already there, Even Steve himself. He looks your direction and he bites his lip. You wink and head his direction and sit next to him at the bar. He smiles "You look absolutely stunning Y/N-" he says kindly. You smile and blush a bit "Thank you Steve, you don't look so bad yourself." she says back to him.

A few minutes later, after talking and messing around, a slow song starts playing. Steve smiles a bit and looks at you "May I have this dance?" he asked softly, blush creeping up his neck. You laugh a bit and nod "I would love to." You say happily. 

You two walk to the dance floor and you lay your arms around Steve's neck. He puts his arms around your waist with a little smile. You both don't mind the close proximity of each other or the inches of distance from your lips touching. You look deeply into his eyes...lovingly. He can't help but look back at you that way. He bites his lip and lets out a little huff as he continues gazing into your eyes. "Hey Y/N?" he asks, just above a whisper. You melt at the sound of his voice, sweet yet calm. "Yes Steve?" You ask back at the same volume. "Can I...- You know what..Fuck it." he leans in and kisses you slowly. You instantly kiss back loving the feeling of him kiss you so softly. You pull back slowly for air and your eyes flutter open. "I love you-" Steve blurts. Your heart flutters and you lay your forehead against his chest.

"I love you too, Steven Grant Rogers."

He smiles brightly, whenever you said his name it made him smile the brightest.

"Do you really?" he asks.

You chuckle "Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you're absolutely perfect."

You smile and shake you're head, with  a little huff. "You say that almost as if it's a fact."

"It is..." he says kissing the top of your head. You mess a bit with his hair as your arms are still wrapped around his neck. You kiss his jaw gently and let out a little huff "What will the team thi-" he cuts you short.

"I don't care what they think, I love you. Nothing will ever change that." he says sternly, looking into your beautiful gaze. You smile back and kiss him again, feeling all kinds of warm again...

When you pull back you let out a little sigh, a happy one. "You want to go up to the balcony...it's lovely this time of night." You suggest.

"Any moment I can spend with you, doll~" he kisses your cheek softly.

You two head up to his balcony, both sitting down when you make it up there. You're both as close as you can be on the small couch thingy.

You smile and lay your head on his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. It makes you seemingly relax as you cuddle closer to him. He plays with your hair as he keeps you close... Never really wanting to let go.

You both now know that you both are each others, whether that's forever... Or just for a short time- you wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now.

You and Steve watch as the sunset falls below the Earth. Your eyes close softly and you fall asleep. The last things you can hear will stick with you forever.

"Goodnight, doll. I'm always gonna be here whether you want me or not- I'm going to protect you....Happy Birthday~." he says softly.

And you smile, softly in your sleep, with Steve....The absolute love of your life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey! So yeah- I'm making one shots! Leave suggestions in the comments.. Or message me! Hope you liked it- I mean, I personally think it could be better but, I'm just gonna be quiet now.