Metal arm. (Bucky Barnes)

Bucky and you were very close, extremely almost. Besides Steve, you were the closet person to him. Bucky, liked you- not liked, loved you. And you loved him.

Steve knew, he knew both of you had feelings for each other. The thing he didn't know, was that Bucky was terrified to tell you. He was scared of hurting you. He was also completely oblivious to you liking him, and you were the same way. You weren't scared of him, you trusted him. You knew what he's gone through, and you know what it feels like.

You and Bucky had the same floor, so anytime he'd wake up from a dream. You'd be there in an instant.

At the moment, you were sitting in the kitchen. It was late, extremely late. You couldn't get to sleep, so you were just sitting in the kitchen. You were snacking on some carrots, a comfort food somewhat. You were down there for a while when you hear light footsteps against the floor. You see the silhouette of a person stalk into the doorway.  Soon enough the shape comes into prospective as Bucky makes his way next to you onto one of the bar stools. "Hey, Buck." you give him a gentle smile. "Hey, Y/N...Couldn't sleep?" he questions, a slight tremble in his body.

You nod a little, noticing his trembles. "James, your shaking." you give him a small frown. He shrugs "Its nothing." He says, looking down at his feet. You sigh, looking at his shaky hands. "Barnes, you can tell me anything. You know it won't scare me away." you say, tilting his chin back up to look at you. He looks at you, blue eyes shining slightly in the moonlight. "I had a nightmare...It was just, just- I hurt people, I hurt Steve. I hurt you." He says, choking on a sob. "James, look at me. None of it, and I mean..None of it, was your fault." You say sternly. He shakes his head "How can you say that Y/N...it was my fault, they were my hands. It was my doing." he sighs.

You take both of his hands, feeling him tense. "James, it wasn't You. It, was not your fault. It never will be." You furrow your eyebrows. He tries to take his metal hand away, but you tighten your grip. You let go of his flesh hand and keep your hold on his metal one. "Bucky, this hand, this arm. It doesn't define you. You define you. I know you won't hurt me, you would never hurt me." you say, lifting his metal hand to your lips. You lay a soft kiss on his knuckles before lowering it back down to his lap. "Y/N, Im just scared...Of hurting you, hurting anyone. Im scared. And I don't know why-" He trembles.

You sigh "James, you're safe, im safe, Steve is safe. Everyone is safe. I love you, Bucky...I really do." you say, meaning every word that came from your mouth. He was so broken. You weren't showing him pity, or worry. You understood what he was going through, and yet it hit him hard, and made him a mess. "I love you too, Y/N. And I- don't run away after I tell you this, or leave. Because if I lost you, it would truly kill me." he said, looking into your eyes. "Bucky, nothing you say, will ever make me leave-" you sigh, cupping his cheek tenderly. He nods "When I say I love you...I mean it, I mean im fully in love with you. Everything about you, your eyes, your personality, your gentleness, your everything. I swear it's like-"

He was cut off quickly when you placed your lips on his. He melted into the kiss, softly putting his flesh hand on your hip. You rolled your eyes and gripped his metal hand, setting it on your other hip. You two pulled back, leaning your foreheads against each others. "That's what I meant, Buck. I love you." you say, pecking his lips again. He chuckles and smiles softly up at you. "I know, doll." he hummed.

"You think you can stay with me tonight?" Bucky questioned hopefully.

"Of course, James." you say, sighing in contempt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: So, one of the shorter ones. There's just some characters that I freeze when it comes to.