Crush? (Clint Barton)

You sat in the kitchen, drinking your coffee. You smiled when Natasha walked into the kitchen. "Morning Tasha." You say, softly almost sleepily.
She gave you a nod "Morning Y/N." she gave you a sleepy smile.

She knew, she knew all to well that you had a crush on the archer. Somehow Clint, of all people. Had wriggled his way in there. Sure, he could be a dick- but, any moment he could be so kind, considerate and just all out a good person.

You'd been in training with him and Nat when they were. All three of you were just great friends in general. You and Clint had gotten along super well. But you'd always find yourself tripping over words around him.

It had been about an hour since Nat walked into the kitchen, and now you were making breakfast. Clint walks in a few minutes into your cooking, he smirks and decides to literally scare the shit out of you.

He poked your sides and screamed "Y/N!" You squealed. You jumped back and hissed in pain. Hot oil got, all over your hand. "Damn it." You scrunched your nose in pain.

He cringed "Shit, sorry Y/N." he said sincerely, looking at your hand in worry. You shook your head and huffed "It's fine, just.. Get the first aid kit or something." You said, eyebrows furrowed in pain. You walked over to the sink and ran cold water over it.

He rushed to the bathroom to fetch the kit. He huffed "Real smooth, Barton." he scolded himself. He grabbed the kit and rushed back to the kitchen and pulled out two stools. You took the hint and sat on one of the stools. He sat on the other and gently took your hand. "Clint, I'm fine. Really." You say, seeing the worried look on his face.

He nodded "I know, I just feel bad." He said with a little sigh. He continued to clean and wrap your hand carefully. He continued to examine your hand for a second before lacing his fingers with yours. You blushed faintly and let out a little sigh. You two silently looked into each other's eyes for a minute before being interrupted.

Tony walked in and smirked. Clint let go of your hand and let out an awkward cough. Tony raised an eyebrow at you two "Don't let me interrupt your little moment." he joked. You blushed and got up "I'm gonna finish making breakfast." You say, not looking back at Clint.

You finish making breakfast, and by now everyone's awake. You set the table and smile "Guys, breakfast is ready." You call. You or Wanda always made breakfast, and you had to make a lot. Mostly because of the boys. You sit down and everyone makes their way to the kitchen, of course. Clint sits next to you. You give him a small, shy smile and then look back down at your food. Half way through conversation and eating, you feel a hand slip into yours. You know for a fact it's Clint's. You lace your fingers with his and blush lightly. You glance over at him and he just casually keeps eating. You look at Nat and she smirks, you stick your tongue out at her and smile a bit. Your heart was beating a little in your chest. Does he like me...? Why would he just casually hold my hand? You sighed and finished off your food, getting up and letting go of Clint's hand. You notice he's done and take both of your plates to the washer. You don't start it, knowing everyone else isn't done.

You stretch a little and run a hand through your hair. You stand and turn around tripping over who knows what. You prepare for impact, but you never hit the ground. You open your eyes and look up, immediately regretting it. Clint had caught you and it made you incredibly embarrassed. "You alright there, Y/N?" You nod, blushing profusely. He nods, slowly and sets you back on your feet. 

By now, Tony, Nat and Wanda are smirking at you two. All three of them knowing exactly what's happening. You cough awkwardly "I'm, I'm gonna go to my room for a bit." You say, walking to the elevator and going up to your floor. You sigh as you make your way up there, slowly making your way into your room.

Clint sits back down and furrows his eyebrows. Tony raises an eyebrow at him and smiles "Everything alright, Barton?" he questions. Clint nods and looks up at Tony. Tony smiles "You should go talk to Y/N." he suggested.
Clint shakes his head "I don't think I'm the best person to do that." he sighed. Tony shook his head "Just go, bird brains." he said, sternly.

Clint sighed "Fine." He got up and headed for your floor. Moments later, as your standing on your balcony, you hear a knock.

"Lily?" Clint says softly.

You sigh gently and run a hand through your hair. "Come in" you say quietly. You hear your door open and shut. You silently stare at the sun that's shining so brightly in the sky. You hear soft footsteps behind you, and then him beside you..also looking at the sun. "You alright?" he asks timidly. You nod "Yeah, just thinking.." You reply. "If I'm not intruding, what are you thinking about?" he says gently. You shrug "Just, feelings." You sigh.

He glances over at you "What kind of feelings?" he knew he was asking to much, but you honestly didn't mind. You hesitated but sighed and let out a little response "Love." You say, ever so softly. He nods and furrows his eyebrows in thought. He hesitantly grabbed your hand and laced his fingers with yours. You looked at him and saw the conflict in his eyes as he looked at the sun.

You slowly move closer to him and rest your head on his shoulder and wrap an arm over the back of his torso. You feel him tense but then slowly relax into your touch. You sigh as he wraps an arm around your waist, keeping you close. "I love you Y/N...." he says, sounding slightly wrecked. Your eyes widen slightly and then smile a bit. You open your mouth   "I love you too..." he turns to you, shaking his head.  "No, I mean like...really, really love you." he says quietly. "More then a friend." he admits. You nod "That's what I meant Clint." You smile. He smiles and pulls you slightly closer. He leans down ever so slightly and kisses you gently. You kiss back, smiling softly. You two pull back after a few moments.

"You really love me?" he questions, opening his eyes.

You smile "Why wouldn't I?"

He smiles back "I wouldn't know, now would I?" He teases. You shake your head and rest it on his chest.

He holds you close and smiles, resting his head on top of yours.

And that was it, you two finding complete contentment with the sun shining down on you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: AWWEEE, Bleh. Clint's not my cup of tea but, this was a request from one of my friends. Well, I'll stop talking now. Bye bye!