Awkwardness and cuddles (Stony)

Steve would be sat on the couch in the main living room, enjoying a nice cup of chocolate. As much as it seemed, a bit quiet, it was peaceful. He knew that him and Tony were the only ones home, at the tower. The thought made his cheeks redden slightly, his stomach fluttering a bit. As much as they argued and fought, he couldn't help the small tinge of feelings that popped up so long ago.

The soldier believes it was the small evident day, that Tony and him were in this exact situation. Home alone, there to be each others entertainment. They got along, playfully teased back and forth between themselves. It was, nice, calm, it almost felt.. Loving.

He took a small breath, finishing off his hot beverage with a hum. His head perked up when Tony carefully stepped into the room. A smile lay out across the blondes face, a small one. He wouldn't want to make it obvious that he had any feelings towards the other. He was to scared, worried what might happen.

It would definitely jeopardize their friendship.

The billionaire smiled back, that fluttery feeling working it's way into Steve's stomach quickly. "Heya cappuccino." Tony would hum, making his way to the kitchen with a light hum, grey sweats hanging a bit low on his hips. "Hey Tony." The blue eyed man couldn't help drag his eyes over Tony fondly. Not in a weird way, or any way he shouldn't, just.. Fondly. He couldn't deny that Tony was undeniably attractive, he was, for sure. Steve saw deeper then his looks and charm though.

He saw a genuinely loving man, he'd cover it up with wit. He knew Tony didn't like being vulnerable and soft. He saw a slightly broken shell, maybe it couldn't be repaired, but it could definitely be patched up. He knew on the inside, Tony was just..Him. A loveable, charismatic, man with a pain in the neck humor. He was perfect in his own way.

"You sleep okay?" The super soldier asked, looking at Tony with a tilt of his head.

Tony grinned, shifting over with his finished cup of coffee. "Like a baby." He lied, sitting on the couch next to Steve, letting out a sigh over the rim of his drink. Steve would nod, not really wanting to get into an argument this early over sleeping patterns. They would sit in silence for a few moments, Tony taking careful sips of his coffee, Steve admiring the sight for the corner of his eyes. Stop looking Steven, he's gonna see you. The blonde said to himself among his head. Tony would look to him, raising a brow with a grin "You okay there, Cap'n?" He questioned. Steve snapped his head over to Tony, nodding quickly. "Of course, always." He smiled, rolling his shoulders back a bit. Tony would would squint his eyes, before smiling widely, his own heart stuttering a bit at Steve's own lips quirking up.

"Alrighty, blondie." He hummed, leaning just a tad closer to Steve as he sipped at his coffee again, basking in his own warmth as his eyes slid closed. Now Steve could really appreciate the peacefulness of this moment, just them. If any of the team walked in they would've definitely thought something was wrong. Yet, nothing was. They were just being completely comfortable in each other's company. Steve snapped out of his trance when he felt a warmth press against his side. He looked over and swore to all things he could've melted. Tony's head rested lightly against his shoulder, eyes still closed. "Tony?" Steve said quietly, cheeks tinging a light red.  "Hmm?" He hummed, lightly opening his eyes to look up at Steve. "Hey.." That was all Steve managed to get out, smiling slightly. "Heya there, Cap'n." He hummed, eyes just staring up at him.

"Watcha doin?" Steve questioned, looking down at him slightly. "Getting comfy.." He said, smiling more as he looked to Steve, brown eyes pouring into the others. Steve nodded, scooting down a bit, wrapping his arms lightly around the other. "This okay?" He asked hesitantly, cheeks warming up by the second. "Yeah, definitely.." Tony said, leaning into
the warmth, resting his head on Steve's chest, head tilted up slightly to look at the other. "You know.." The brunette started, biting at his lip slightly. "You've always had really nice eyes.." He scolded himself for being so awkward. The Tony Stark, finding it difficult to flirt, very difficult. Steve let out a chuckle, a very genuine, cute chuckle. Tony's stomach did a fricking flip at that sound. It rang in his ears, his cheeks heating up ever so slightly.

"You have very, very, beautiful eyes." Steve hummed, smiling at the other with a light glint in his eyes. "One-uping me you pretty jerk." Tony smiled, playfully glaring at the blonde in front of him. Steve let out another hearty chuckle, blinking slowly as he looked at Tony, his smile growing slightly.  The billionaire took his chances, lightly cupping the blondes cheek and stroking a thumb over his cheekbone. He blushed slightly as Steve leaned into the light touch, his own cheeks a bright red. The two just stared at each other for a moment before Steve gulped, clearing his throat. "Tony I.." He breathed, finally manning up and trying to let his feels go. "Tony I like you a lot. Maybe.. Maybe even love but that's besides the point. I need you to know that even though we fight and argue. I don't want this to change anything, or maybe even hope you forget. Or maybe I'm drea-" Tony cut the rambling blonde off, shushing him softly. "Shush, you giant dork. You aren't dreaming. I'm real, you're real. And I love you too." Tony said gently, hand still on the other mans cheek. "God dammit Steve, I love you too." He said even softer, looking at him with a smile. "R- really..?" Steve stuttered quietly, raising a brow. "Yes really, love." The genius chuckled, looking at Steve with a hum.

Steve ever so slowly leaned up, Tony leaning down slightly. Their lips brushed softly, the two just looking at each other for reassurance, talking with their eyes. Making sure this is what each of them wanted. Steve nodded with a small smile before Tony pressed the rest of the way down, locking their lips in a slow, gentle, loving kiss.

They both whispered the same thing over and over between light kisses.

I love you, I love you, I love you..