Big guy. (Bruce Banner)

A/N: I am fully aware that that name sounds...well- you know. *Wink Wink* but it's not. I'll be getting into that sorta stuff after this chapter,  maybe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a simple mission, go get the hostage- come back. You, Tony, Steve and Bruce were on this, mission. Steve and Tony on one area you and Bruce on another.

You knew for a fact, that Hulk would come out- he had to. He needed to get rid of enemies. You two walked through the silent building the supposed hostage was being kept in. You heard a gun click and felt a searing pain shoot through your shoulder. It was nothing fatal, in fact- it was barley bleeding. It just hurt like a bitch.

You let out a yelp and tumbled back into a wall. Bruce looked at you in worry and you shook your head. "I-Im fine Banner, it just hurts." You winced, a couple tears leaving your eyes at the searing pain. They put something in those bullets. He didn't answer you, turning to the man that shot you. The man practically booked it down the stairs, Bruce chasing after. You soon heard a few gun shots and a couple screams.

You winced slightly, the pain still shooting through your arm. You knew the Hulk came out at this point, angering quickly when something hurt you.

You sat there, for what felt like forever. You breathed heavily- eyes growing cloudy. You were nearly about to pass out. And, you did- The pain in your arm was to much to handle. You laid your head back and sighed, before zoning off.

A few moments later though, you felt large, very large arms. Pick you up and rest you in them. You stayed like that, limp- almost lifeless. He whimpered but let you stay like that. Soon the Hulk calmed, letting Bruce return. He sighed down at you, picking you both up off the ground. Tony and Steve had found the hostage, so it was fine.

You gripped onto Bruce as he carried you back to the jet. He looked down at you, letting out a little sigh. Why did you always have to get hurt? He hated every time he'd have to carry your limp body back to the jet, and yes- this had happened more than once. Multiple times in fact.

And that's why he couldn't tell you that he had undeniably fallen in love with you. He was afraid that he, would hurt you. Yet, you knew for a fact that he thought he was a monster.  Although, you saw him as more than that- a friend, an amazingly kind and considerate one at that. You saw him as even more than a friend though, you liked Bruce, a lot. Yet, almost to scared to let him know. Not because of the Hulk- you knew the giant green man was gentle with you. No, you didn't think Bruce could ever see you like that.

He walked into the Jet, Steve and Tony already getting situated. Them, being the two over protective brother types looked jumped when they saw you. "Is she alright?!" Steve questioned. Bruce nodded "She was shot, nothing vital though. I'll take her in the back and make sure she's alright." He said softly, already walking to the back. They nodded, sitting back down in their seats, slowly taking off.

Bruce set you on the table that was in the back, looking over you. He cleaned at the wound and did all the necessary things to make it heal. He  settled down and kept an eye on you. He had the necessary pain killers for when you woke up but otherwise, he let you sleep.

You woke up, an hour later. You all weren't home quite yet. You look around, eyes stinging a little bit. You look over to see Bruce, still awake, on a computer. "Hey Brucie." You smile weakly. He looks over at you, smiling softly. "Hey Y/N. You feeling alright?" he questions. You nod, sitting up. You hiss in pain at your shoulder. "Ouch..."   You wince. He rushes over to you, handing you two pills and a glass of water. You give him a small smile "Thank you, Bruce." You hum. He nods, looking at you in worry as you take the pills. You set the cup down, sighing a little.

You look at him, a questionable look on your face. "Everything ok?" You question, softly taking one of his hands in yours. He nods "Yeah, just...You scared me a bit." he huffs. You let out a little sorry hum. "Sorry, Brucie." You say, quietly. He shakes his head and fixes his hair "It's fine, Y/N" he sighs. You sit up, pulling him onto the bed. He sits down and looks at you, eyes tired but also filled with admiration. You hug him softly, arms wrapping around his torso, and your head resting on his chest. He hesitantly puts his arms around you, letting out a little sigh.

You rub his back with your thumb, something you know for a fact soothes him. "Banner, don't hesitate to hug me- I know you won't hurt me."  You say softly, looking up at him. "I know Y/N...but I could- that's the problem." he huffs. He cups your cheek, looking into your gaze. You two slowly move closer, faces mere inches from each other's. "But you won't." You say, voice at a whisper. He doesn't say anything back before he connects your lips softly.

You kiss him back gently, smiling softly into the kiss. He moves his other hand up to cup your other cheek. You pull back and smile shyly up at him. There had always been un-shared words between you two. You just never knew he felt that way for you.

"I'm sorry, Bruce...I honestly had no idea." You hummed. He gave you smile and leaned his forehead against yours. "Neither did I, so I guess we have that." he said, kissing you again. You smiled and kissed him back. You two both pulled back a few moments later.

He huffed "I love you Y/N."

"I love you too, Brucie." You smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Again, not necessarily my cup of tea, but hey. Why not, anything to make the book. Hope you enjoy!