• twenty six

What am I now, What am I now,
What if I'm someone I
don't want around?

"The Yule Ball," Professor Sprout announced, causing the Hufflepuff girls to cheer

"I don't do fancy," Ophelia called out, as James laughed,

Professor Sprout gave the Hufflepuff girl a warning look, trying to hide the hint of amusement in her eyes. Ophelia grinned at James, as their head of house didn't question as to why Ophelia was over the boys side.

"The Yule Ball is a dance for people of all schools involved in the Tournament go get together as one," Sprout said,

"Sounds traumatising," Ophelia whispered to Cedric, as she was now sat upon his lap,

Cedric shook his head in amusement, "You'd look beautiful in a dress,"

Ophelia snorted, as James laughed, "Trust me, I wouldn't," She said,

Ophelia loved winter, she loved the way the snowflakes danced upon her hair, she loved the way the snow made Hogwarts look so incredibly magical, She just loved everything about the special season. With Christmas coming close, the hardest task for the mature Hufflepuff was finding gifts for her loved ones. She wanted each gift to have a special meaning towards it.

Finding presents wasn't easy for the girl, as she struggled to afford the ones she really wanted to give her friends. This year was of course different, her Godfather provided her with a well amount of money to spoil herself and her friends throughout the jolly season. Remus didn't want his Goddaughter to go without this year, he wanted to see the signature smile that lit up her beautiful features, after receiving something extremely special.

Making her way through Hogsmeade, Ophelia found herself coming to a stop, outside a unique dress stores window. Looking into the window Ophelia's heart started to flutter upon seeing the beautiful dresses before her. These dresses were beyond different from the ones the other girls at Hogwarts would admire. These dresses were a little more her. Squinting her eyes a little more, her heart dropped as she knew she couldn't afford the dresses, although  Remus did give her a lot of money, the amount of money he gave her wouldn't be near the amount of what the dresses cost.

Draco, whom noticed his little cousin gazing into the dress shop window with a frown, walked over placing a soft a hand upon her shoulder. "You like them, don't you?" Draco questioned, smiling softly at her,

Ophelia modded, "They're beautiful, but they're of course too expensive,"

"Let me," Draco said, grinning at his younger cousin,

Ophelia knitted her eyebrows in confusion, "Let you what?"

"Let me buy you the dress you want, tomorrow we'll come back, with my spare money and I'll get you it. You're family Ophelia, I don't want you feeling as though you're not worthy," Draco comforted her, his eyes glistening as if they were smiling,

Ophelia shook her head quickly, "No, No, it's fine! I don't want you spending that much on me, just to wear it for one night Draco! I can get a second hand one, it's okay,"

"Ophelia, I want to," Draco smiled, bringing his cousin into a comforting hug,

"Thank you," Ophelia whispered, "For everything,"

"How was Hogsmeade?" Her boyfriend asked her, wrapping his arms around her waist,

Ophelia grinned, "It was great!"

Cedric smiled at the girl, kissing her forehead, "Fancy coming to the ball with me?"

"I'd love to Ced, Draco's helping me pick my dress out tomorrow!" Ophelia gushed, as her eyes changing to a light yellow,

Cedric of course didn't miss this, his eyes widening in shock, Ophelia looked up at the boy with a questioning look, as her left eyebrow raised, "What?" Ophelia asked,

"You're eyes, they, they're yellow," Cedric stuttered, still shocked,

The minute Cedric said that, she quickly changed her eyes back to their natural colour, cursing at herself, "I'm sorry, I normally have better control of it,"

"What do you mean?" Cedric questioned, "What aren't you telling me Ophelia, what is wrong with you, first the fire, now this?"

"I've got to go, I'll talk to you tomorrow," Ophelia said, standing up as she quickly left out of the common room.

How will I tell him?

(Not edited.)

A/N: CRAP IS GOING DOWNNN, HOW WILL OPHELIA TELL BIG CEDDY SHE'S A LOT MORE POWERFUL THEN THEY THINK?!

ANYWHOO HAVE AN AMAZING CHRISTMAS LOVELYS! AND OF COURSE A LIT NEW YEARRR, LOVE YOU ALL!!

REACTION MEME OF CHAPTER:

SAD TIMES, SAME ENERGY.

ANYWHOO LOVE YOU ALL 3000!! ❤️❤️

-elizabeth❤️