• thirty eight

I've waited a hundred
years but i'll wait a million
more for you.
[Warning: Torture]

The house was rather silent this time of morning

The house was rather silent this time of morning. Ophelia Black and Remus Lupin were sat in the living room, hot chocolate held in their hands. Ophelia studied Remus' facial expressions, noticing the way he constantly played with the sleeve of his shirt. "You're upset." Ophelia said breaking the silence, taking a small sip of her hot chocolate.

"Wrong." Remus replied; getting up to place his cup in the sink, Ophelia following close behind him. Remus tried to ignore the looks she sent him, failing as he let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm not upset Ophelia, I'm just disappointed." Remus told the girl with the shake of his head.

Ophelia frowned, taking a seat on the kitchen counter as she finished her drink. "That's completely understandable, but could you try and not fight near James?" Ophelia asked softly. "I have no intentions to fight with Adelisa next to James, nor bring him into the drama," Remus replied; earning a grin from the younger girl.

"Harry arrives tonight, am I correct?" Ophelia asked Remus, trying to hide the smile that was forcing its way upon her face. Remus nodded at the girls words, dusting off the couch before sitting down. Ophelia jumped off the counter rummaging through the cabinets as she looked for any source of food. "Don't you dare touch my last pumpkin pastie," Sirius scolded; making his way into the kitchen, throwing a pair of folded socks at Remus.

"What the hell was that for?"

"Stop folding your fucking socks."

As the evening came by quickly, Ophelia found herself in her room. Tomorrow was the day Ophelia had been dreading for months, her fifteenth birthday. Ophelia used to love her birthday when she was younger, the girl was extremely spoiled by the Malfoys when the day finally arrived. That was until the event of her brother's death; now every year on her birthday, she was reminded of the traumatising scene that once fell before her.

The screams of a child echoed throughout the eerie manor. Waking up the oldest daughter, as a chill ran down her spine. Ophelia rubbed at eyes as she checked the time, wondering what could be happening at three thirty in the morning on her birthday. The eleven year old girl trudged down the stairs, her body shaking in fear with every scream.

Ophelia finally reached the cellar door, her small hand shaking as she turned the door knob. Ophelia made her way down a set of unfamiliar stairs until she reached another door. The screams were growing louder with each step; a familiar cry she knew too well was on the other end of that door. Reaching for the door knob, Ophelia twisted it as the door flung open, a look of utter fear taking over her body as she stood still. Her body not being able to move as she watched her mother torture her brother; her baby brother.

"Mamma? Mamma you're hurting him," Ophelia cried out, rushing forward as she tried yanking on her mother's arm. "Mamma don't hurt him! Hurt me instead!" Ophelia now sobbed; trying everything, as she pulled on her mother's arm. Seraphina drew back her wand, her face now turned towards her daughter as a wicked smile made its way upon her face.

Seraphina turned to face the unconscious child, her wand raised in the air as she muttered the two very words Ophelia thought she'd never hear. "Avada Kedavra." And with that Seraphina pushed passed her daughter, exiting the manor.

Ophelia ran over to the body of her lifeless brother, gathering him up in her lap as she hung loosely onto him. Her silent cries now turning into a heartbreaking scream as she continually shook his body. "Help! Somebody help, please!" Ophelia cried, but the young girl knew nothing could help this. No one could heal the pain that stuck to her like glue since the night of July fifteen 1991.

Ophelia hadn't realised she was crying until a tear drop fell onto her parchment paper below her. Smudging the ink of a letter she was going to send off to Estella. The door of her room creaked open, the head of Harry Potter found its way through the gap of the door. "Hey," Harry whispered, opening the door a little bit wider. "Mind if I come in?" The boy asked.

"Yeah, of course." Ophelia said, gesturing towards her bed as she quickly wiped the tears from her eyes. "Glad you're okay, how have you been?" Ophelia asked him, watching as his body language changed. Harry took a seat on the girls bed, shrugging his shoulders as a sigh escaped his lips. "Doesn't matter about me, how have you been?"

Ophelia looked away from the boy, her attention now on the ground below her; focusing on the tiny details that illustrated the floorboards. "Ophelia," Harry said softly watching the girl with concern. "Are you okay?"

Those three simple words were enough to make Ophelia's emotions spill. The lights started to flickered as the girls emotions took over, silent tears falling sown her face. Harry quickly made his way over to the girl, not hesitating as his arms wrapped around her small body.

"Ophelia, look at me," Harry instructed, his hands held firmly on her shoulders as he looked her in the eyes. "Hey, look at me," Harry said, grabbing her chin trying to calm the girl. "It's okay, you're okay. I'm here, Ophelia I'm here." Harry whispered, watching as the lights began to go back to normal.

Ophelia wrapped her arms tightly around Harry, not daring to let go of the boy. Harry held onto her tightly, his chin resting on the top of her forehead as he muttered sweet and reassuring words to her. Harry closed his eyes as he felt her heartbeat grow quieter, her breathing now at a normal pace. The pair wished nothing more then wanting to stay in each others arms forever.

Harry's love roared louder
then Ophelia's demons.

(Not edited.)

A/N: IM BACK, GOSH I NEED TO STOP TAKING LONG WRITING BREAKS, OKAY ANYWAYS IM SCREAMING AT THIS CHAPTER ITS SO CUTE AND SO SAD AND WJJWWJ BYE

OKAY ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH 🥺🥺🥺

REACTION MEME OF CHAPTER:

THIS SONG MAKES ME CRY OKAY BYE LOVE YOU ALL 3000!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

-elizabeth❤️