•thirty seven

Distance gives us reasons
to love harder.

Throughout the passing days, Ophelia Black tried not to miss the attempts of Remus Lupin trying to avoid Adelisa Potter

Throughout the passing days, Ophelia Black tried not to miss the attempts of Remus Lupin trying to avoid Adelisa Potter. Each attempt only got funnier as Sirius and Ophelia tried to hold in their snickers. Ophelia was deep in thought when the fire place roared, a tall boy was emerging from the fireplace. Ophelia squinted her eyes trying to mask out the face through the smokey room, then looked back at her father, eyebrows raised.

Sirius shrugged at his eldest child, taking a small sip from his tea. Ophelia sighed as she got up waving the smoke away from the figure, her lips pressing into a smile as the face came into view. Sirius' eyes widened at the boy, choking on a sip from his tea as he looked at Ophelia.

Ophelia snorted at her father as she took hold of James arm, rushing over towards one of the kitchens cupboards, rummaging through it. Eventually the red haired girl found the already popped, popcorn; skipping happily as she placed it in front of her father who had no clue what was going on.

"Take a seat James," Ophelia grinned, motioning the scrawny boy over as she pulled out the chair beside her.

James raised an eyebrow in confusion, making his way towards the chair. "Why am I here?" James asked, looking around as he took in the features of the house.

"I'm asking the same question," Sirius snorted, watching as his daughters eyes glistened with mischief. "Oh my god- Ophelia Black!" Sirius exclaimed, his eyes widening.

Ophelia sent her dad a playful wink before bounding up the stairs, banging harshly on both Remus' and Adelisa's door. Sirius looked at James with the shake of his head, "Better buckle up for this one," Sirius warned the boy with a grin.

"Why?" James questioned, his face reddening with embarrassment. Sirius looked at the boy, then adverted his gaze to the stairs where Remus, Ophelia and Adelisa were coming down.

Adelisa and Remus were clueless as to why Ophelia called the pair down. But it all came together when their son was sat in the very centre of the dining room. Ophelia cleared her throat before exiting the dining room, poking her head back in to look at her father. "Get your ass out here Paddywack," Ophelia grinned, a laugh escaping her mouth as her father walked out the room rather dramatically.

"You're my parents," Came the yell of James Taylor, his fist clenched into a ball that fell next to his side. Adelisa looked at her son with a frown, her gaze flickering to Remus. "And you knew," James hissed at Remus, his glare so nasty it could've killed.

Remus let out a frustrated sigh, his hand reaching up to rake through his hair. "I didn't know!" Remus exclaimed angrily, "I've only just found this out also James!" Remus snapped mostly at Adelisa.

"I was scared how you would react Remus," Adelisa said softly, her eyes stinging with tears. Remus looked at the mother of his son with the shake of his head. "Scared of how I'd react?" Remus scoffed standing up from his chair was a huff.

"Yes!" Adelisa cried out, her tears finally falling as the fight continued. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you didn't want a child," Adelisa whispered, placing a comforting hand on her sons shoulder.

"I didn't want a child Adelisa because I was scared of the outcome! I was petrified they'd end up like me!" Remus shouted, his voice shaking the whole house. It was rare for the oldest Lupin to shout, something he'd never really done throughout his life. "And you know that! You know I wouldn't wish this- this nightmare upon my own child!"

James blinked back a few tears looking up at his mother. James sat with his mind empty of words for a second, before finally speaking up. "Why'd you leave me then?" James asked his mother as he studied her face. "Why'd you put me up for adoption?"

Adelisa looked away from her son, knowing for a fact she had no reason to leave him. Remus impatiently awaited her answer, getting frustrated when she looked away. "Go ahead, we're waiting for your response. Don't be shy."

"Should we stop them?" Ophelia asked her father who was pressed up against the hallway wall, a satisfied smirk upon his face.

"Of course not, I'm enjoying this too much," Sirius answered her, peaking his head into the dining room. "Still the same people from all those years ago," Sirius chuckled amused, his tea now cold in his cup.

Ophelia raised a brow at her father, completely confused as to how this was amusing him. "I think we should stop it," Ophelia said pushing off from the wall as she began to make up way into the dining room.

Sirius grabbed his daughters wrist, pulling her away from the dining room entrance. "You started the chaos," Sirius grinned.

"And yet you wonder who I get it from."

(Not edited.)

A/N: OMG IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN A MONTH AND I HAVE NOT UPLOADED I FEEL REALLY BAD BUT I RECENTLY WENT BACK TO SCHOOL IM SO SORRY BUT I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

ALSO SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW I HAVE STARTED A NEW BOOK CALLED FINE LINE! THIS ONE IS A JAMES POTTER LOVE STORY AND I CANT WAIT TO CONTINUE WRITING IT

REACTION MEME OF CHAPTER:

I LOVE YOU ALL 3000!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT I SHOULD CALL YOU ALL RELY TO THIS! ❤️

-elizabeth❤️