12) Make me

Malia's POV

"W-what?" I stammered. I was staring at him in shock. I can't believe he just said that. Was he serious? Or was that just part of the act? Oh lord, please let him be serious.

"Oh my god. He's totally in love!" My grandma gushed.

Luca cleared his throat and blushed. He blushed. Did I make it clear that HE BLUSHED?

Butterflies went crazy in my stomach. What was happening to me? There was a pounding in my chest. It was making me go wild. I didn't even know he noticed all those details about me. I did always laugh so hard that I'd end up crying. My friends always pointed it out. As for the hair twirling, I didn't even realise that I do it until he pointed it out seconds ago.

I don't think any guy paid that much attention to me before...

Ohhnoo I think I'm catching feelings.

"Excuse me," my grandpa cut in, "Did I hear right? Bad and wrong things?" He shot Luca daggers with his eyes.

Luca looked at me desperately as if he were asking me for help. I just chuckled at his face of embarrassment.

"Oh shush Jack! They're grown adults!" My grandma scolded him.

"She's nineteen!" My grandpa argued, "And he is...?"

"Twenty four, sir." Luca replied. Okay honestly, I didn't even know Luca's age until now. The fact that he's older than me just makes him even more attractive, if that's even possible. I've always had a thing for older guys. Not like sugar daddy old, but you know what I mean.

"Twenty four? TWENTY FUCKING FOUR!" My grandpa scoffed.

"Gramps! Why don't... you go get some sleep? You must be jet lagged," I suggested.

"Oh look Lily! Now she's chasing me so she can run off with this knight in shining Armani and do 'bad' and 'wrong' things with him!" My grandpa complained, mocking Luca's voice and putting air quotes around 'bad' and 'wrong'.

"Oh just go," my grandmother shoved him up the stairs as she bid us goodnight.

Meanwhile, my grandpa was mocking Luca and his accent saying, "Oh looka at me! Itsa me! Mario! Or maybe I'm Luigi! Cause I'm so tall and skinny! I enjoy long walks on the beach and eating linguni!" as he walked up the stairs.

Yep. One too many whiskeys for him tonight.

And then there were two...

Luca and I sat at the table in silence just staring at the two empty seats in front of us.

There was an uncomfortably long amount of silence between the two of us. Thankfully, the server came with our dessert not too long after my grandparents left.

A plate of some foreign dessert was placed in front of us. Luca cleared his throat and dove right in. I was examining the weird dessert infront of me. Luca must've noticed because he said,

"Just eat it."

"What is it?" I poked the dessert with a spoon. The top layer cracked like glass.

"It's cremè brulee."

"Another one of your Italian desserts?" I asked.

"It's French."

"Oh. Oui oui! Oui. Oui. Oui. Oui!" I have no idea what's wrong with me. I think I was just uncomfortable and wasn't sure what to say.

So you resort to making a fool out of yourself infront of the guy you like? Great logic, Mal!

"Are you gonna eat it or not?" Luca asked, "It's good I promise."