17)BOOM Plot twist

"Don't make a sound." Luca warned me as we attempted to sneak out of Evil Man's lair. This place was huge. Bigger than Luca's mansion. I wonder how Luca even found me in here.

Man, breaking out of a huge mafia mansion was hard. Luca had me squating, hiding in corners, whispering. It was ridiculous. I felt like I was in some spy movie.

"Hey, I um..." I whispered to Luca as we hid behind a door, waiting for one of Evil Man's men to pass by. "I wanted to say thanks. For rescuing me."

He glanced at me then looked straight ahead and nodded.

"Not that I needed your help. I was doing just fine on my own you know. I'm an independent woman that don't need no man-"

"Malia," he rolled his eyes. "If this is your way of saying 'thanks for saving my ass', then save it."

"You're right. I'm sorry." I sighed. "But thanks."

He smirked and shot a wink at me. My cheeks turned hot pink as I smiled.

When the men finally walked by, Luca and I crept down the hall. We walked past a door and I noticed there was a slight crack in it. My curiosity took over when I saw light beaming through the crack and I suddenly found myself peaking through it.

I gasped at the sight on the other side of the door. There was a girl, quite tall but no taller than me with brown skin and dark shoulder length hair, tied to a pole. She was dressed in really really short shorts and a bedazzled pink bra with a pair of black stilettos. She whimpered as tears poured down her cheeks and I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

"Wait," I grabbed Luca's shoulder and pulled him to the door, showing him the damsel in distress. "We have to help her."

"Malia, we don't have time for this." He was about to walk away when I pulled him back and looked him in the eyes, silently pleading with him. He sighed and slowly pushed the door open.

The girl's head shot up at the creak the door gave off. "Please! Don't hurt me I'll do anything you want, please!"

"Shh!" I crouched down beside her and firmly put a hand over her mouth. "We're gonna get you out, but you have to be quiet!"

She slowly nodded and closed her mouth. I untied her hands and legs as Luca stood by the door, keeping watch.

"Come on," I gestured for her to follow Luca and I after untieing her. We all left the room and carefully walked down the hall to god knows where.

"Who- who are you?" The frightened girl stuttered.

"I'm Malia. That's my boyfriend, Luca."

"Your what?" Luca stopped and raised a brow at me.

"Boyfriend." I spat at him through clenched teeth. He just shrugged and continued leading us through the mansion.

"Well, thanks for saving me." She smiled. "I'm Carissa by the way."

"What were you even doing here?" I question.

"I'm a stripper. I worked at this club then one day Evil Man and his men raided the place and took me with him."

"Man, that's awful. Hey you know I actually used to do pole dance classes I mean I did stop but only because I couldn't afford it okay fine I'll admit I was a bit lazy and that was probably the main reason I stopped but actually-"

"Malia. Shut it!" Luca barked. My mouth immediately closed. "There it is." Luca lead us into a room. The room was almost completely empty, except for a glass box sitting on a glass table at the centre of it.

As we moved closer into the room, I realised what was in the box.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Luca asked as we stared at The Thing. I nodded and took a step closer to it before Luca's arm swung infront of me, blocking my way.

"This place is heavily guarded. One wrong move and the alarm will go off." I nodded, again, not moving from my spot and Carissa didn't move either. "We need to disarm the lazers and shit," Luca said, pointing to a panel on the wall next to me.

"Why, what are you gonna do?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm taking back what's mine." The way he said it, with such detemination and grit, I knew there was no point arguing with him. He needed it. And I wanted to help him get it.

"I can hack into the mainframe." I have no idea what that means, but judging from all the heist movies I've watched, it sounded right.

He nodded and gestured towards the panel. I walked over to the keypad and told Carissa to stay on guard.

I took a deep breath in then punched a bunch of random keys and said, "I'm in," as the light on the panel turned from red to green.

"Let's go," he grabbed my hand and led me to the glass box. There was another small panel mounted onto the box.

"This is a very intricate system." He informed me as he looked at the box. "The password could be anything. And if we enter the wrong one, god knows what will happen. So we have to think..."

As Luca went on and on about how dangerous and complicated the panel on the box was, I took off my boot and slammed it into the box. The glass shattered and fell to the ground.

"Uh, that works too." He said as he stared down at the broken pieces of glass. Suddenly an alarm went off.

"People are running this way!" Carissa yelled.

"Shit," Luca cursed as he grabbed the huge diamond and then my hand. "We have to leave."

We ran for the exit but it was too late. A bunch of guards stood infront, trapping us.

"What do we do?" I whispered to Luca who stood right next to me. His hand squeezed mine, showing me not to worry. But before he could say anything, another voice interrupted him.

"Well well well. Look what we have here. Join the party so soon, cuz?" A figure pushed past the many guards and stood in front of the three of us.

"Holy shit! Plot twist!" I chuckled.

"Malia, looking gorgeous as always," Enzo shot me a wink and I smirked in response.

"Enzo what're you doing here?" Luca questioned.

"Isn't it obvious, cuz? I run this place!" His hands stretched out. "I'm the underboss! And you," he pointed at The Thing. "Have something that's mine."

"Ours." Another very familiar voice interrupted.

My eyes widened as the familiar man pushed through the guards and planted a passionate kiss on Enzo's lips. I swear my jaw hit the floor.

"Simon?" I shouted.

❈ ❈ ❈

Oh my god. Who would've thought Enzo was bad news? How did I not see this coming? I'm flabbergasted.

No but seriously, bet you didn't think Simon was gonna show up.

And if you did then here's a cookie 🍪

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Love you all <3