○ Chapter Nine ○

Passion
●●●●

An art class was the last place Avery had expected to be.

They had both already enjoyed a lovely three course meal at some fancy restaurant that Avery couldn't for the life of her remember the name of. It meant a lot to her that he had gone through the trouble of booking a fancy restaurant for their 'date'. If that was even what he was calling this.

Klaus had been polite at dinner, even when the awful waitress attempted to flirt with him. It took all her effort not to accidentally lash out at the woman.

Now, they both were sat in a small art class. Only four other couples were present. The teacher was something else, his wild hair and crazy clothing only matched his even weirder personality. Though Avery loved him, he had made her giggle more than once, and each time Klaus would smile at her. Admiring the beauty that she was.

The canvas in front of them was blank, as was every other one in the room. Their goal was to illustrate their relationship, to explain it through the simple use of paint. Something Avery was keen to understand herself.

What was the extent of their relationship now? Had it changed?

"You may begin," the teacher instructs with a nod.

Avery smiles and turns to her partner, Klaus. He was already studying the canvas intently, she could see how much thought he was putting into the simple task. It made her heart swell, but this wasn't about the mind, this little project required them both to lead with their heart.

She places a hand on his arm and smiles. His eyes briefly glance down to her hand before meeting her eyes.

"Can I ask you to do something for me?"

"Of course, love."

"Turn this off," she places a finger to his head then let's her hand trail down to his chest, just above his heart, "and let this do the talking. Let your heart lead you, Klaus." she smiles.

A boyish grin emerges on his face at her request, never had someone made him feel this way. Never in his thousand years had he had someone look at him the way Avery looked at him. The simple feel of her hand on his chest was enough to leave him a little nervous and excited.

He nods and picks up the paint brush closest to him, then hands the other to Avery. Then he begins to place a small amount of each coloured paint on the paint palette. The whole process was quick and effortless.

Avery watched him work, almost in awe. He was in his own little world as he began stroking the brush along the canvas gracefully. Avery giggles at the expression on his face, earning a smirk from the original himself.

"Something funny, sweetheart?"

"Nope," she smirks playfully and let's her own paintbrush work along the canvas, working around his own paint strokes.

This was fun for her, finally she felt like she could just be herself with him. The two of them could now enjoy each others company without interruption.

"Hello, beautiful peacocks!" Or so she had thought.

Their teacher smiles down at their canvas, a crazy, nutty smile that she couldn't help but to giggle at. Klaus smiles to himself as he continues to work. "Hello," Avery greets politely.

"Oh my dear, aren't you just precious?" He grabs a hold of her chin and tilts her head up before glancing to Klaus; who now had stopped working and was smiling in amusement at Avery and the wacky teacher. "Isn't she just precious?"