○ Chapter Ten ○

Be Bold, Be Brave
●●●●

The morning sun peaks through the silver curtains, casting light down on the two lovers entangled in bed. The room is silent other than the soft snores of the beautiful female asleep on the mattress. Her beauty even present to the eyes of others in her slumber.

Klaus lays beside her, also naked and lay on his side. His eyes scan her facial features, admiring everything about her, from her cute button nose to her smooth skin. She truly was a goddess.

His fingers glide up and down her back softly, savouring her smooth skin beneath them. She is lay on her stomach leaving her back exposed with only the sheet covering the bottom half of her body. Klaus could never get enough of her, he hoped to wake up to her every morning. To have the privilege of waking beside her and holding her close for all his existence.

Something had changed between them. A deeper connection now existed between them. He could feel it, both inside his heart and his mind. It's like they were somehow linked, almost as though he knew what she was feeling and thinking. He couldn't explain it but he wanted to understand it. They both deserved to know what this meant for them, to understand if this would effect them in more ways than they had first expected.

"You're staring, Klaus." her sleepy voice pulls him from his thoughts.

He smiles and meets her bright eyes, "the beauties of the world deserve to be admired, Avery." he strokes her cheek delicately, causing her to smile.

"How are you feeling?" he couldn't help but to ask, he had tried to be gentle with her, to treat her with the care and respect she deserved, but the passion he felt last night with her had made that somewhat of a challenge.

She smiles and leans up to kiss him, he meets her half way, eager to feel her lips against his once more. She pulls back after a moment with a smile that could melt any heart.

"I feel amazing," her eyes scan his expression, studying his deep blue eyes before the realisation of what he was really asking hits her. Her cheeks tint a light shade of pink, her mind flickering back to the previous nights escapades before she forces words to form on her tongue."You didn't hurt me, Klaus. You were so gentle with me. You made me feel special." she reassures with a racing heart.

He smiles, "you are special, sweetheart."

She giggles and rolls to the other side of the bed, pulling the sheet with her. She stands and walks over to the bathroom door, wrapped in the sheet. In the doorway she turns to face her lover, a suggestive smirk on her face that no other person had witnessed on her. "I'm in need of a shower, I'll leave the door open." she informs him, sending him a flirtatious wink as she drops the sheet to the floor, leaving her fully exposed to his eyes. Then without another word she enters the bathroom, her nerves bubbling within at her sudden boldness in his presence.

She didn't know where the sudden surge of confidence had come from but she liked the power she felt with it. No longer did she feel insecure or unworthy of love, now she was ready to embrace it and better herself for it.

Klaus couldn't believe his eyes. Was this the same girl he had met only a week or so ago?

He stands and with a devilish smirk, follows after her.

●●●●

After their shared shower, Klaus and Avery find themselves in the kitchen, now fully clothed and ready for the day ahead. Klaus was attempting to make Avery breakfast, though her eyes watching his every move had proven to be making it difficult for him to concentrate. He could feel her mixed feelings of joy and confusion through what he now called; the connection.