3-Hoseok

The whole way back to the house, Kihyun had been silent. I knew I had done something. I had probably ruined Changkyun's first day and his first meeting with his roommate. Not only that but I had embarrassed him and almost let my feelings get the better of me.

"I know you love him, but don't do that. If you're going to confess your love to him, at least have the decency to do it in private instead of in a situation like that. You're lucky I was able to save that." Kihyun lectured. I've always known that he could see how I feel about Changkyun. He also knows that Changkyun doesn't feel the same for me.

"I know. I just felt like I was losing him in that moment." I confessed looking down at my hands as we sat on the couch.

"You've never had him hyung." Kihyun's words were true and he said them as lightly as he could, but the truth hurt. The moment I felt Kihyun's arm around my shoulders, I couldn't stop the tears. We sat there without speaking for a few minutes after I had stopped crying until Kihyun suggested we go out.

"Ki, I really don't feel like going out," I said looking up at him from the couch.

"Maybe you'll meet someone," Kihyun said walking to the kitchen. "You never know what will happen."

~~~

Why I let Kihyun bring me to a party, I don't know. It didn't help that my mind was elsewhere. I had messaged Changkyun before we left and he still hadn't responded. Maybe he was busy unpacking, or maybe that roommate did something to him. He could also just be more upset with me than I thought.

"Hoseok!" I turned around to look for the person who had yelled my name when suddenly I was embraced in a hug. It was my friend, Minhyuk, from my first year at college. Since Kihyun and Changkyun we're still in high school, I felt kind of alone until I met Minhyuk. He and I were really good friends all of my first year, but when Kihyun got here we just grew apart.

"It's been too long!" He shrieked as he let go of me. "We need to catch up soon."

"We really should. Are you here with someone?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually. My uh- my boyfriend." He looked at me almost with fear. He had never said anything about liking men, so I assumed he was afraid of my reaction since he didn't know about my orientation either.

"Where is he? Can I meet him?" Minhyuk looked at me surprised, but quickly gained a big smile on his face.

"Really? I mean yeah! Let me go get him." With that, he turned and ran through the crowd of people and I couldn't see him. I stood watching in the direction he went until I felt my phone buzz. I took it out to see that Changkyun had responded, but just as I opened it Minhyuk had come back and I stuffed my phone back in my pocket.

I looked up and saw another man standing next to Minhyuk and I assumed this was his boyfriend. He had very prominent dimples when he smiled and shook my hand.

"His name is Lee Jooheon," Minhyuk said for him.

"Lee? Isn't that the same as yours Minhyuk? Lee Minhyuk, right?" I asked trying to start some kind of conversation.

"Yeah. Isn't it funny?" Minhyuk said looking at Jooheon with the same look I give Changkyun every day. Unlike my situation though, Minhyuk received the same look back.