7-Kihyun

Me
Hyung. Kyunie said he
never got any message from
you.
(Seen at 10:55)

Hoseok-hyung
WHAT? But you saw that
it was sent. HE REPLIED!
(10:55)

Me
I know. We'll talk at home.
I don't want Kyun to look
over. Don't worry hyung.
(Seen at 10:56)

I looked over at Changkyun as I put my phone away. He was still texting someone I assumed to be his roommate.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"My roommate? Chae Hyungwon," he replied without even glancing at me. I'm glad he didn't as he would have noticed what I was thinking. "Who's the guy you were looking at? I didn't know you were into those kinds of guys."

"Shut up!" I said, hitting him in the arm. "I told you to stop."

"Mmm, that means something. Okay! Okay! I'll stop," Changkyun surrendered as I went to hit him again. "How was the party you and Hoseok went to?" He asked while typing on his phone again.

"Nothing spectacular. Hoseok drank a lot though." I said watching him look up at me

"Is he okay? How much did he drink?"

Last year, Changkyun had told us he had a boyfriend of five months and that he loved him. They were still in their last year of high school and across the world, so we had never seen this guy, but Hoseok had become depressed. Two weeks later, he went to a party and drank so much that someone had to call an ambulance.

When that happened, Changkyun tried to fly out here, but I called his parents to stop him. Afterward, he called every day for a month since I wouldn't let him come.

A few weeks after the incident, Changkyun had told us he and his boyfriend broke up. Before that news, Hoseok only said he was sorry for doing it. After is when he agreed to never let it happen again.

Still, Changkyun has no clue it was about him.

"More than usual, but he's fine." Relief on his face, Changkyun looked back at his phone.

~~~

"Hoseok! I'm home!" I yelled while putting my bag on the couch.

"In my room!" I heard Hoseok from the last bedroom in the hall. As I walked in, he stopped writing and put his half-finished letter on top of the shoebox of letters to his unrequited love.

"Did he say anything?" Hoseok questioned after getting up from the desk to sit on his bed.

"I mentioned your drinking last night. Obviously, he got worried, but he showed no sign of knowing what you sent." I spoke sitting down next to him.

"Why'd you have to mention that?" He looked down at his legs as he pulled strings around the tears in his pants.

Ignoring his question I continued. "Hoseok. This may not be bad. Even if he did read it, he's fully pretending it didn't happen," I paused to make sure he understood. "You know he would rather let something be forgotten about then destroy your friendship. He'd destroy himself before he lost you or me," Hoseok looked at me knowing perfectly well that I was right. I could see his eyes become wet as he became emotional thinking about Changkyun's reasoning for it.

Before Changkyun had met us, he had a best friend that meant the world to him. One day his friend had started to become nervous and hesitant around him. It continued for a couple of weeks until the last day. That day he was told by his friend right before they parted ways at the end of school, like any other, that he was sorry. After that, Changkyun had never seen him again. His best friend vanished with only saying he was sorry.

"And if what he said is true, then you better not tell him you got a reply or else you'll have to show him," I explained as he avoided looking me in the eye again but nodding.

"I really hope you're right." Hoseok eventually said. I looked at him for a second before hugging him as tightly as I could.

"What were you writing about?" I asked looking over at the box.

"How sorry I am." He said looking at me with sad eyes.

"Sorry about what?"

"I feel like I'm lying to him by not telling him how I feel. Yet I don't want to tell him because I know he doesn't feel the same. You're right that he'd destroy himself before our friendship and that's what I'm afraid of. He didn't deserve to lose his best friend in middle school like that, but I don't want him to keep from losing us by making himself suffer."

"So you'll destroy yourself?" Hoseok looked at me with denial. "Hyung. I don't think you'll ever get over him unless you hear him tell you he doesn't love you like that."

"I don't know if I could do it." He said looking over to the shoebox.

"You can. You just need to find someone to give you confidence that you can get over him." Before Hoseok could deny it ever happening, I stood up and walked over to his closet to grab a coat. "Now! I need you to go to the store. We're officially meeting the roommate."

Taking a list I had written during my class with Changkyun out, I stuffed it in Hoseok's pocket. He complained but eventually left as I went to the kitchen to start making what I could.

~~~

It was 17:46, only a few minutes after Hoseok had left for the store when the doorbell rang. I put the knife down and wiped my hands on the apron before running to answer the door.

Opening the door, a tall and skinny male with blonde hair stood with a small box. "Ah. Hyungwon, right?" I asked, recognizing him immediately from yesterday.

"Yes. Uh here's a cake. I passed a store on the way here and thought you might appreciate this." He held the small box out for me to take.

"Thank you," I stepped aside and opened the door farther after taking the cake for Hyungwon to come in. "I had Hoseok go get groceries so it's just me right now, but it's not far so he'll be back soon." I smiled motioning for him to sit on the couch.

"Oh okay. I hate to ask since I just got here, but could I use your bathroom?"

"Yeah of course! Just walk straight down the hall. It's the door at the end." I pointed towards the hallway before walking into the kitchen as he thanked me.

Taking out my phone I called Changkyun, listening to it ring twice before he picked up.

"Hello? Why are you calling?"

"Hyungwon is already here," I said as I turned on the water to fill a pot.

"What? I'll be there in ten. He's so early. Do you need me to bring anything?"

"He's not that early but early enough and no I've got Hoseok getting stuff." I turned off the water letting the pot sit in the sink as I talked to Changkyun.

"Wait so it's just you and him? Make it 4. I'll be there soon. Leave the door unlocked?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Thanks, hyung. Bye." And with that, the younger hung up.

Putting the phone in my pocket, I took the pot out of the sink and put it on the stove as Hyungwon came back into the room. He thanked me again and went to sit on the couch.

"So, Hyungwon. Where are you from?" I asked from the kitchen.

"Gwangju." He replied looking over at me.

"Ah really? All three of us are too. Where did you go to school?"

"Oh, I went to XXX-" The door opened as soon as he answered not giving me time to control my surprise.

"Kyunie! Hey!" I yelled.

"H-hey. I saw Hoseok on my way. He'll be here in a couple of minutes." Changkyun said walking to sit next to Hyungwon on the couch as the taller moved to give room.

"What are you two talking about?" He asked. I turned around to the cutting board before answering.

"Nothing."