6- Changkyun

I woke up to a familiar sound coming from my phone. I got up from my bed and quickly went to answer the phone knowing exactly who it was.

"Kihyun, I have a roommate now. What if he wakes up?" I asked without hesitation. It was a weekly, and in some cases, daily thing for Kihyun to call in the mornings. Usually waking me up.

"Maybe he needs to wake up too, Kyunie." I glanced over at Hyungwon to see if the noise had woken him up, yet he looked completely unbothered.

"Maybe, but I don't know his schedule."

"You could ask him. Until then, you never know Kyunie. Oh, Hoseok-hyung said something about you not responding to a message last night. He wanted me to call you as soon as we got home, but I told him no cause it was really late. Then he got all sulky of course. He worries too much."

"You're one to talk hyung. I'll text him soon and I'll see you in class!" I spoke quickly and hung up already hearing Kihyun's protest coming.

"Was that one of your friends from yesterday?" Shocked, I looked at Hyungwon who was now sitting up with a half-asleep look on his face.

"Yeah, sorry for waking you up." I looked down from his face waiting for him to tell me he would be switching dorms.

"Invite them over today. I can officially meet your best friends."

"Wh- really?" He had said last night to invite them over, but I hadn't expected it to be this soon.

"Why would I joke about that?" Hyungwon questioned.

"Because I don't know you well."

"Inviting your friends over helps us get to know each other. Give me your phone, I'll put my number in." I looked at him for a moment before hesitantly handing him my phone. Getting up, I walked to my desk to gather my things and avoid staring at Hyungwon.

I had expected him to forget about meeting Kihyun and Hoseok. Avoid talking to me for the rest of the year. Act as if we had never met. Go on with our lives without ever knowing each other.

"Here. Text me if they agree to come." The tall male said, handing me the phone.

"What if we went over to their place? They have a bigger place than we do." I suggested turning around again. This time to avoid his stare.

"That's a good idea. Then, text me the address if they're good with it." I nodded and he went to get dressed.

I turned on my phone to look at the message Hoseok had sent. There were no new messages from him though. Nothing since my reply to him yesterday. If they went out late though, then he had likely been drunk and only thought he sent something. I put my phone in my bag and got ready for my first class at college.

~~~

"Kyunie," I heard Kihyun in a seat three rows from the front. Quickly, I went to join him.

"Hi Kihyun," I spoke as I sat next to him.

"You shouldn't hang up on me. It's not nice," he smiled. "How was your first night with your roommate?"

"Not bad," I thought about how Hyungwon had cried, but it hadn't done anything but make me worry for him. I want to know his past. "He asked me to see if you two wanted to hang out. So you three can officially meet. I suggested we go to your place instead."

"Oh. Really? I mean, yeah. Of course." He smiled brightly before looking up to look at someone. I turned to look where he was looking and saw a man with brown hair and a large build walking towards the front. I looked back at Kihyun to figure out why he was staring at the guy, but he quickly turned after a glance at me.

Does he have a crush? On that guy? He looks quite intimidating. Definitely. I don't know what else it could be.

"I know what you're thinking. You can stop now."

"Fine, I won't say anything." He looked at me questioningly as I looked at my phone to text Hyungwon the Kihyun and Hoseok's address.

"Oh. Did you text Hoseok yet?" Kihyun asked.

"No. I never saw any text from him." I replied looking over at him. He looked quite surprised. "What? Why do you look shocked?" Kihyun looked away from me and took out his phone.

"Nothing. I guess he just didn't press send." That didn't really answer my question. He wouldn't have that reaction over Hoseok thinking he pressed send. Whatever it was, I brushed it off as Kihyun stopped talking and went back to texting Hyungwon.

Me
Hey, this is Im Changkyun.
Your roommate. My friends
agreed to go to their
place. The address is
XXXXXX. Let me know
when you want to go over.
Also, why did you set your
name as Turtle?
(Seen at 10:56)

Turtle
Mmm, do you have anything
to do after 18:00? Turtle is a
nickname I guess. Simply
putting my name was too
boring. What do you want
your name to be?
(10:57)

Me
I don't have anything.
18:00 should work. I'll meet
you there. Interesting
nickname. Mine is I.M cause
I am what I am.
(Seen at 10:59)

Turtle
You sure it isn't just your
last name with a period?
(10:59)