19- Changkyun

No one hate me for this chapter
~

Hyungwon and I had just reached the steps up to Hoseok's when I suddenly thought of a question to ask my boyfriend. I pulled on his sleeve to make him stop and turn to look at me. 

"Did you tell either of them about us dating yet?"

"I've only told Min. Was I not supposed to?" The older male developed a look of guilt in thinking that I had wanted to keep our relationship a secret. 

"No, it doesn't matter to me. I was just curious. He's your friend so I wouldn't expect you to keep it from him." I had started walking up the stairs, but this time it was my turn to be stopped.

"What are you talking about? Minhyuk is your friend too. Look," Hyungwon took my hands and brought me down one of the three steps I had climbed to bring us to eye level. "I understand that you have had some shitty times in life that have caused you to try and keep people out, but you don't have to continue that. You don't have to confine yourself to three people, or at least I hope I make three," The taller was caring with a serious tone to ensure I knew that everything he said was true. His eyes never left mine as he spoke. "You are so amazing and have so much to offer people. If others got just a glimpse of who you are, they would instantly fall in love. Minhyuk may seem like he is just a really talkative person who only thinks of himself, but that isn't true-100%," Hyungwon smiled to ease the seriousness he had created. "That man will cry if you tell him you aren't friends. He would do so much to make sure you are happy and would stand up for you too. You should have heard how jealous he was that you were my roommate not his after he finally met you. Anyway, the point is that even if you don't consider Min as your best friend, you can always count on him to be there for you like one. This sounds like I am just boasting about him, but he really loves that he met you."

I had no clue what to say. Stepping down another step, I wrapped my arms around Hyungwon's tall body and hid my face in his chest. Taking in the scent on his hoodie as he wrapped his arms tightly around me and placed a long kiss on the top of my head. As I pulled away, he broke the comfortable silence that had developed. 

"You enjoy being short in those moments, huh?" Hyungwon said with a smirk. 

"Just as much as you enjoy being tall. Come on." The tight feeling in my chest, that manifested during Hyungwon's speech, was still there as we knocked on Hyunwoo's door.

Minhyuk was the one to let us in and told us to go to the kitchen. I greeted Hyunwoo and bowed as I saw him in the kitchen bringing a dish to the table.

"Thank you so much for having me here," I said timidly. 

"Of course. You're Hyungwon's roommate and as I heard from Min a few minutes ago, a little more than friends. I guess I'm a little late in meeting you." Hyunwoo smiled warmly as he chuckled a little and because of a comforting feeling he gave off, the fact that Minhyuk had told him about Hyungwon and I didn't phase me at all. It almost comforted me, but it didn't stop me from looking at the other.

"Sorry. I thought it might be a little more awkward if he didn't know than if he did." Minhyuk was clearly trying to make sure I didn't feel uncomfortable and I appreciated it more than I could tell him. 

"Thank you Minhyuk-hyung." I smiled at him and then felt Hyungwon's arm wrap around my shoulders. I looked up to him and could see in his eyes that he was happy. Happy that I understood and remembered what he had told me earlier.

"Your welcome Kyunie. Sit down. The food will get cold." Following his order, we all sat down at the table filled with food. As I scanned it all, I noticed that it was all my favorite things. Hyunwoo noticed my confused look and clarified. 

"Kihyun came by earlier, per my request, to make all of this since I didn't know what you like."

"Oh gosh. You didn't need to do that. I would have been fine with anything, but thank you." I graciously replied and Hyunwoo nodded and told me to "eat up" through a smile.

"So how do you know Hoseok and Kihyun?" Minhyuk asked to start a conversation while he started eating. 

"I met Hoseok first when he kept eating lunch in the library with me in middle school. After a few months of that, he brought Kihyun with him one day. That was the beginning." I smiled at the thought of how far the three of us had come since then. "How did you meet Hoseok though?"

"Oh, um, at a party. Where did you go to school? I've asked you before and it sounded familiar, but I forgot where it was." The older quickly evaded going into details about the party, but I didn't think much about it. 

"High school was at xxxx and middle was at xxx." I felt a change in the atmosphere but didn't get to think when Minhyuk spoke again. 

"That's why it's familiar! You and Hyungwon went to the same middle school!" I couldn't tell if it felt like my heart had stopped or sped up. Time felt as if it had froze as I stared. I don't know what I was staring at, but the hit Minhyuk received from Hyunwoo before he stood up and took his phone out wasn't noticed by me as I couldn't focus. My mind was blank, I couldn't see, and I couldn't breathe. I stared at the table as I tried desperately to recompose myself. 

When I eventually felt like I could think again, I was filled with anger and hate. All the feelings I had that 6 or so years ago had come back; hitting me like a bus. I used the only air I could use in my lungs to say one thing directly to Hyungwon. 

"That 'friend' you left was me." My voice didn't show how angry I had become. I noticed how shaky my voice was as well as how Hyungwon had started crying harder as I spoke. Disregarding both, I stood up acting as calm as I could to walk out the door. As soon as it shut, I ran to the only place I knew to go with my cheeks already wet with tears.

~

Sooo I've started another story. Main ship is JooHyuk and I don't know when I'll start publishing it, but I may publish the character descriptions. The title of it will be Fifth Floor and I'm really excited to start working on it more, but I have to finish this one first. My best friend has also agreed to drawing something for the cover so I am uper excited for that because she is amazing at that stuff. Speaking of this one, I don't think there are going to be too many more chapters? I have to see how it goes with writing, but I don't expect to have a lot more.